Stephen McFarland - MBACP, MNCS (Accred) FdSc
3 Woodgreen Road
I am Stephen McFarland and I got the name Inspired Counselling for my counselling business, after being inspired to train as a counsellor. I have worked alongside many people and I would like to inspire you to be the best you can be.
Counselling with me is in an integrative way, with psychodynamic counselling at its core, which means we will look into the roots of your problems, therefore dealing with any issues, NOT just finding a way to cope with them. Make peace with the past in your mind, to live in peace in this moment, and look forward with confidence. I will walk beside you and give you 100% in each session, it is the way I am. Mindfulness is incorporated if you wish, to enable you to sit with your feelings, and in time, watch the feelings you do not want drift away.
Counselling with me allows you to take time out from this crazy and fast paced world, to sit and think, cry, shout, whatever you need to do, in a discreet, safe, confidential, warm and friendly environment. Everything we do will be at your pace, and your style, for you.
I also enjoy having students who are completing the counselling training. I offer a reduced rate as I know how expensive the course can be.
I am a registered member of BACP and also accredited member of NCS, both of which ensure you that my counselling practice is of a very high standard, (see logos below for more details). Thank you for taking the time to read about my counselling style, and I hope to hear from you soon.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Degree In Counselling with University Of Ulster 2014
- Certificate in Counselling Studies with University of Ulster 2011
- Diploma in Mindfulness 2015
- Diploma in Mindfulness Based CBT 2015
- Christian Mindfulness
- Child Protection Training
- Bereavement Training
- Counselling Young People
- Mental Health First Aid
- A.S.I.S.T. Suicide Training
- W.R.A.P. Wellness Recovery Action Plan Training
- Working With Ego States and Dissociative Parts
- Self Harm and the Intoxicated Client
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy For Anxiety Disorders
- Trauma Training with BACP
- Polyvagal Trauma Training
I have many clients in my private practice, from 11 years old to elderly, with different issues, different religions, different cultural backgrounds, from different countries, and we have either worked long term (over 1 year), or short term (6 weeks), depending on their reason for coming to counselling. Two clients are never the same so therapy is tailored to your individual need.
I have experience as a counsellor in a school setting for over 3 years with 11yr olds up to 18 yr olds.
I have also worked in an adults homeless hostel for 3 years.
Both of theses settings have included clients with mental health issues, alcohol addictions, drug addictions, both illegal and prescription related, suicide, self harm, bullying, gambling addictions, depression, anxiety, panic attacks, grief, trauma and much more.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
Photos & videos
- Standard rates are £40 per session
- Discounted rate of £30 students completing a counselling course
- **DISCOUNTS FOR DECEMBER**
- PAY FOR FIRST 2 SESSIONS IN ADVANCE AND GET THIRD SESSION FREE
- CONTACT ME FOR MORE DETAILS
- Precious Babies
I have a lot of experience with Miscarriage, Still Birth, Ectopic Pregnancy, Postnatal Depression, Fertility Problems, Fertility Treatments, Pregnancy, Birth.
I understand the extremely private and confidential world a woman goes through at this very difficult time.
I treat this all with much delicate care and attention.
A man can sometimes be forgotten or looked over, and could be wrongly expected to be a strong support, whereas I know this is not always possible, and a man needs a lot of support also.
My counselling practice is a safe, understanding environment, to discuss, cry, shout or whatever you need to do, and you will never be judged for it. I care, understand and listen. I will walk beside you.
- MINDFULNESS COURSES
This mindfulness 3 hour workshop for beginners is held some Saturday mornings and some Wednesday evenings with a maximum of 10 participants for each workshop. This will be ideal for beginners who have never tried mindfulness, and others who have only tried it a little, and want to build more mindfulness into their life. It will be peaceful and easy going so no one will feel intimidated or uncomfortable. I will endeavour to help everyone feel at ease.
Price of £25 payable on the day, includes refreshments on arrival, and everything needed for the workshop (including chocolate). A CPD certificate shall be issued on completion of the workshop.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Times available during Monday to Friday 07.30 until 21.00 It is important to me that you get a time you are comfortable with.
Types of client