Sharron Wardman-Browne Counsellor, Supervisor BA(Hons),MA MBACP Accredited
Capel St Mary
Counselling for Adults, Couples, Young People and Children
As an experienced MBACP accredited Integrative Psychotherapeutic Counsellor and Life Coach, I know that life can be challenging. You may be trying to cope with difficult situations, emotions and/or relationships. Although these challenges can be stressful they also provide an opportunity for healing, self-awareness and the potential to make positive changes in your life. With over 25 years' experience of working in mental health and well being services with predominantly complex mental health and emotional issues, I am able to help you. I offer a comfortable, quiet and completely confidential service based in Capel St Mary conveniently situated near the A12/A14 and with easy access to Ipswich, Felixstowe, Hadleigh, Colchester and surrounding areas.
As an integrative therapist, I work in different ways and offer Humanistic, Person Centred, Psychoanalytic and CBT approaches. I also practice solution focused therapies such as Rewind Therapy, Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) and Thought Field Therapy (TFT). These approaches can be extremely helpful for anxiety, depression, phobias and trauma.
I believe in the uniqueness of each individual and I will support you to explore whatever is troubling you in a way that is at your pace and in an environment which is safe, non-judgmental and confidential. I have a compassionate, warm and down-to-earth approach and make a total commitment to helping you towards a more fulfilling life. My aim is to 'fit' the therapy to your needs. Although I am skilled in working with a variety of issues, I specialize in working with depression, anxiety, generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), stress, work stress, relationship difficulties, family issues, lack of confidence, self-harm, bereavement (for adults and children), physical, emotional and sexual abuse, anger, addiction, personalities disorders, panic disorders and phobias, chronic and serious illness. I am a LINK approved adoption counsellor.
What I can offer you:
- A comfortable, quiet and confidential practice in Capel St Mary. There is ample "off road" secure free parking. There is wheel chair access and a ground floor toilet.
- Face-to-face, telephone and skype counselling.
- I will always try to accommodate your time preferences and offer appointments during the day, evening and Saturdays.
- I know that looking for the right therapist can be daunting. I offer an initial 30 minute face-to-face or telephone appointment at no charge. In this session we can discuss how counselling or psychotherapy could help you. At the end of the consultation, there is absolutely no obligation to continue, either now or at any time in the future - so there is nothing to lose, but everything to gain.
- I offer home visits for those who have difficulty travelling.
- I believe that counselling should be accessible. I charge affordable rates, offer concessions for counselling trainees and public sector workers. Additionally, I always offer three low cost places.
Please contact me by phone or text on 077-070-30113. Alternatively you can contact me via email - email@example.com. I will aim to get back to you within 24 hours.
I have extensive experience of counselling individuals, couples, families, adolescents & children (Enhanced DBS Holder).
I am an experienced Bereavement Counsellor for adults, children and military personnel. I was a Samaritan for nearly 10 years and had extensive training in working with suicide. I have worked with the Miscarriage Association with issues relating to infertility, miscarriage, stillbirth and depression. I was the Lead Counsellor/Clinical Supervisor at Lighthouse Women's Aid for six years. Some of the issues addressed in this agency included addiction, depression, eating disorders, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), identity and personality disorders, anxiety and all forms of current and historical abuse. I hold a level 3 qualification in working with survivors of rape and sexual abuse. I have four years' experience of counselling in a University Counselling Service, in the Probation and Prison Service and in a Charity working with addiction and depression. I am an approved LINK Barnardo's Adoption Counsellor, working with individuals, families and children. I work for a local Charity with issues surrounding addictions, depression, anxiety, self-harm, chronic illness, cancer and chronic pain. I am a counsellor in local schools and with a youth support agency. I work for Employer Assisted Programmes (EAP) with adults for all areas of work stress, anxiety and illness and couples with relationship difficulties. I work with personality disorders via PODS (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors). I have a dedicated private practice and work with clients with a wide range of concerns.I have taught psychology to Degree level and was the Course Leader for Counselling courses at University Campus Suffolk, teaching counselling to qualified practitioner/degree level.
In my work with couples the focus is on what's happening in the relationship. Couple counselling recognizes that maintaining a happy and healthy relationship can be challenging, given the demands of work, children, extended family, friendships, financial pressures and life changes. All relationships go through difficult times. Counselling is an opportunity to explore your relationship in a safe and supportive space so that each of you can openly communicate what you experience in the relationship.
Difficulties that relationship counselling can help with: arguments, lack of trust, dealing with an affair, differences over how you manage your finances/children/family relationships, feeling your relationship isn't going anywhere, lack of intimacy and/or sex, wanting different things from the relationship, falling out of love, coping differently with loss, change and bereavement,deciding how you want your relationship to be in the future.
Children and Young People
I have 25 years experience of working with Children aged between 5-11 and Young People 11-18. I offer Parent and Child Therapy. I believe that all children and young people should have someone to talk to in times of stress. I offer 1:1 talking and play therapy depending on the child's / young person's age and needs. I offer children and young people a safe place to express their fears and concerns giving them the opportunity to develop coping strategies. For young children I offer therapeutic art and play, thus allowing the child to express their feelings through actions and symbols rather than words. This is an enormously therapeutic and powerful way of expressing emotion.
I work as a Supervisor with Counsellors, Psychotherapists and Trainees, as well as having experience of working with teaching staff and helping professions. My supervisory work is underpinned by encouragement, support and reflective practice and is in accordance with the BACP ethical framework. I offer affordable rates and discounts are available. Please see my Supervision Profile.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MBACP accredited membership
- MBACP accredited register
- MBACP Counselling Children and Young People (CCYP)
- Play Therapy UK
- Friend of PODS (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors)
- LINK Barnardo's Approved Counsellor
- CRUSE Accredited Bereavement Counsellor
Training, qualifications and experience
My experience embraces working with men and women from different age groups, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientation and ethnicity. I have worked with busy business executives, students, senior citizens, vulnerable adults, couples, families, adolescents and children. In fact everyone from 5 to 85!
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Integrative Clinical Supervision
- BA (Hons); MA in Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling
- MA Education (Psychology)
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Winner of Dean's Award for Faculty Outstanding (Counselling) Student (Anglia Ruskin University)
- BACP Accredited Diploma in Integrative Counselling (Distinction)
- BACP Accredited Certificate in Integrative Counselling (Distinction)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Child and Adolescent Counselling Training; Accredited Play Therapy UK: Practitioner in Therapeutic Play (Distinction)
- Couples Training: Interpersonal Couple Counselling
- Accredited Bereavement Counsellor; CRUSE Certificate in Bereavement Care; CRUSE Bereavement Care: Working with Children and Young People; CRUSE Bereavement Care: Sudden and Traumatic Death
- Level 3: Rape Crisis Training
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training
- Masters Level CBT Module
- Registered LINK Barnardos Adoption Counsellor; Attachment Focused Therapy (Bardardo's);
- Emotional Freedom Technique Therapist
- Child and Vulnerable Adults Protection Training (Suffolk County Council)
- Practitioner Diploma in Life Coaching
- Certificates in Training and Development
- TFT Certificate (Thought Field Therapy)
- Continuing Professional Development
- Reiki Training Levels 1 /2/ Spiritual Companion Training
- Body and Soma: Working with trauma or strong emotions that are held in the body
- The Foundations of Trauma Therapy with Babette Rothschild
- Rewind Trauma Technique
- LGBT training; Gender Issues; Transgender Awareness Training; Gender reassignment
- Working with Affairs and Betrayal
- Addiction; Drug Awareness and Reducing Harm
- Working therapeutically with Eating Disorders
- Working Effectively with Adult Surviviors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Sand tray and Symbolic Meaning
- Sign and symptoms of drug use in young people
- Addiction and substance misuse
- Counselling for Depression and Anxiety
Mindfulness. For many years, I have been interested in the body-mind connection and how emotional pain and negative thinking can lead to physical symptoms. I have practised mindfulness for five years and have a particular interest in using mindfulness to improve mental and physical health. I have taught mindfulness on a 1:1 basis with clients. There are many health benefits associated with practising mindfulness including managing stress, reducing anxiety and managing chronic pain.
Inner Child Work: There can be the you who is in the world and a you that does not feel so adult. This can be through arrest of development as a child, through trauma, memories that you are unable to move away from or where you have got stuck.
I hope that information above tells you something about me regarding some of my training and experience. I am always happy to answer any questions. I hold an enhanced DBS Certificate. I am committed to my own personal ongoing professional development and I attend various training and workshops. I fully adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework and engage in regular supervision.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with:
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
Spirituality - spiritual companionship
Physical disability (Therapy for the disabled or their carers)
The impact of living with chronic ill-health, or being diagnosed with a condition or disease that has brought you face to face with your mortality. Facing your fears whilst keeping a sense of yourself. I also offer well-being counselling/coaching looking holistically at your life and relationships.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Interpersonal therapy
- Jungian therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Play therapy
I try to make my therapeutic work accessible and affordable to all. I offer a free, without obligation initial 30 minute consultation, either face to face or on the phone.
I offer face-to-face, Skype and telephone counselling.
1:1 Therapy Session: £30 per hour
Couple Counselling - £40.00 per hour
Family Therapy - £40.00 per hour
I also offer home visits for clients that may have difficulty travelling or other presenting issues that may make it difficult to come to me. There is an additional charge for time and fuel.
I charge £25.00 per hour for University students (aged 18 or over)
I charge £25.00 per hour for NHS staff
I charge £25.00 per hour for teaching staff
I believe firmly that an inability to pay standard counselling fees should not be a barrier to a person receiving counselling. In addition to the above concessions I offer reduced fees to a maximum of three clients at any one time. If I do not have a reduced fee space when you contact me and you would like to start work with me when one becomes available I will gladly add your name to a waiting list. Please do ask.
All sessions are subject to a cancellation fee of £25.00 unless 24 hours notice is given.
I undertake regular supervision every month to adhere to BACP requirements and hold professional Indemnity insurance. I hold an enhanced DBS Safeguarding Certificate.
I offer supervision to those working with children, young people and adults. I have considerable experience of working with supervisees who work with bereavement, addiction, domestic abuse, childhood sexual abuse, depression and anxiety and those who work as school counsellors.
£35.00 per hour for qualified counsellors.
£25.00 per hour (or £35.00 for 90 minutes) for students in training and/or volunteer counsellors
I practice counselling and psychotherapy in a private, confidential setting in Capel St Mary (IP9). There is ample free car parking available.
My availability is Monday - Friday 9.30 am to 8.00 pm and Saturdays.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day time, evenings and Saturdays. Face to face, Skype, Telephone and home visits
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am an experienced and well qualified clinical supervisor, holding a Post-Graduate Diploma in Integrative Clinical Supervision.View supervision profile