Sharon Rooke UKCP Psychotherapist
The Courtyard Clinic
27a New Street
07966 453 387
If you feel that the world is a fearful place, then you can feel the fear in your world. Living in a state of heightened awareness, or underlying fear can bring untold misery, pain and anxiety. Anxiety can be felt as butterflies in the stomach or palpitations and can lead to panic attacks.
“I just moither about things quite a lot of the time, but most people do, don’t they?”
“I’m a worrier, just like my mother/father was…”
“But meetings/presentations/travelling/fill in the ____________ is scary, isn’t it? Everyone knows that!”
“It’s just my nerves.”
The symptoms themselves seem to have perpetual motion qualities and characteristics, with the anxiety feeding anxiety.
Reducing the anxiety can be achieved by understanding and recognising patterns and habits, tracing their origins and updating your responses. Through learning new and different responses means that you can have more choice about the strategies and plans that you use to achieve your outcomes.
Increasing your threshold to anxiety can be achieved by testing out new and old theories. Clearing out past shadows and updating what you believe about the world and yourself creates new opportunities. This means that you have more choices about how you experience your world.
Often the biggest step to take is asking for help.
Maybe you've felt that you had to keep going, being strong, not letting anyone down or know, and hoping that something will change. I know that when client's come to me, it's because they've tried everything that they know and something else is required. I provide a safe place, you can speak honestly, explore your fears and hopes, desired on options and make the changes that will bring clarity, relief and help you move forward.
I am an experienced, pragmatic, and supportive UKCP registered Clinical Psychotherapist and Supervisor. I understand that we all have 'stuff' going on, I really get it. And so I provide the space and support you need to achieve your outcomes, at your pace.
- Struggling to make difficult decisions
- Finding it hard to get motivated
- Overwhelmed with emotions
Common issues that I work with include stress, anxiety; fears and phobias; depression and despair; family and relationship issues; grief and bereavement; hopelessness, self-esteem and self-worth; confidence; abuse or trauma.
It's usual for clients to start with
"I don't know where to begin"
"It's just all too much and I don't know what to do"
"I feel anxious and can't cope anymore"
"My _______ is out of control"
"I've never told anyone this _____"
"I think I'm depressed"
"I don't know what to do"
"I hate _________, can't live like this"
"I'm drinking/eating/shopping too much"
"I think I'm going to hurt someone, if something doesn't change"
Give me a call today on 07966 453 387 to make a start.
Sessions are offered within a week.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am experience and qualified:
- IUKCP Registered Supervisor
- UKCP Registered Clinical Psychotherapist
- Qualified Satir Systemic Family Psychotherapist
- Qualified and Accredited Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapist (Dip NLPt)
- Qualified and Accredited Clinical Supervisor (Sup NLPt)
- Accredited Memory Resolution (R) therapist and trainer
- Founder of Step Change Therapy (R)
- Couples Counselling
- INLPTA Certified Trainer of NLP
- INLPTA Certified Master Practitioner of NLP
I have regular supervision and appropriate insurance.
NLPtCA is an accrediting organisational member (OM) of UKCP. It belongs to the Constructivist & Existential College. I have served as a Board Member of NLPtCA since 2011 and have been elected Chair from 2014. It has a strict code of ethics and conduct to maintain high standards and professionalism.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
D.I.D. dissociative identity disorder
Photos & videos
- Private and self-funding clients: £65 - £105 per hour depending on affordability
- Organisations: by arrangement based on case by case requirements
- Session fees are payable at the start of each session
- Payments accepted by Cheque / Cash / BACS and Card
- Cancellation policy: Life happens, sometimes you need to cancel. I need 24 hours notice, cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice are payable. If I cancel with less than 24 hours notice, you get the next session free.
There is a Worcester Clinic available on Mondays, please check availability.
There is a Herefordshire Clinic available Tuesday - Friday, with evening sessions available. This is from a separate annex, above the garage, with it's own door.
Therapy is also available via on-line, telephone or email.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Sessions are available Monday to Friday 9.30 a.m. to 8.30 p.m. Weekend sessions are available on special request and are at a premium rate.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Do you want a supervisor to work with through your training and accreditation?.View supervision profile