Sharon Rooke UKCP Psychotherapist
2 Trefoil Close
01905 352 882 / 07966 453 387
Feeling stressed, anxious, depressed? Having problems in your relationship? Or feeling so stuck that you don't know which way to turn? I offer a safe space to help for individuals, couples and families to find a way through.
Often this is the biggest step to take, asking for help.
Maybe you've felt that you had to keep going, being strong, not letting anyone down or know, and hoping that something will change. I know that when client's come to me, it's because they've tried everything that they know and something else is required. I provide a safe place, you can speak honestly, explore your fears and hopes, desired on options and make the changes that will bring clarity, relief and help you move forward.
I am an experienced, pragmatic, and supportive UKCP registered Clinical Psychotherapist and Supervisor. I understand that we all have 'stuff' going on, I really get it. And so I provide the space and support you need to achieve your outcomes, at your pace.
- Struggling to make difficult decisions
- Finding it hard to get motivated
- Overwhelmed with emotions
Common issues that I work with include stress, anxiety; fears and phobias; depression and despair; family and relationship issues; grief and bereavement; hopelessness, self-esteem and self-worth; confidence; abuse or trauma.
It's usual for clients to start with
"I don't know where to begin"
"It's just all too much and I don't know what to do"
"I feel anxious and can't cope anymore"
"My _______ is out of control"
"I've never told anyone this _____"
"I think I'm depressed"
"I don't know what to do"
"I hate _________, can't live like this"
"I'm drinking/eating/shopping too much"
"I think I'm going to hurt someone, if something doesn't change"
Give me a call today on 07966 453 387 to make a start.
Sessions are offered within a week.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am experience and qualified:
- IUKCP Registered Supervisor
- UKCP Registered Clinical Psychotherapist
- Qualified Satir Systemic Family Psychotherapist
- Qualified and Accredited Neuro Linguistic Psychotherapist (Dip NLPt)
- Qualified and Accredited Clinical Supervisor (Sup NLPt)
- Accredited Memory Resolution (R) therapist and trainer
- Founder of Step Change Therapy (R)
- Couples Counselling
- INLPTA Certified Trainer of NLP
- INLPTA Certified Master Practitioner of NLP
I have regular supervision and appropriate insurance.
NLPtCA is an accrediting organisational member (OM) of UKCP. It belongs to the Constructivist & Existential College. I have served as a Board Member of NLPtCA since 2011 and have been elected Chair from 2014. It has a strict code of ethics and conduct to maintain high standards and professionalism.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
D.I.D. dissociative identity disorder
- Private and self-funding clients: £65 - £105 per hour depending on affordability
- Organisations: by arrangement based on case by case requirements
- Session fees are payable at the start of each session
- Payments accepted by Cheque / Cash / BACS and Card
- Cancellation policy: Life happens, sometimes you need to cancel. I need 24 hours notice, cancellations made with less than 24 hours notice are payable. If I cancel with less than 24 hours notice, you get the next session free.
My practice is located off Primrose Crescent, St Peters, Worcester. It is accessible by both car and public transport:
- There is off road parking
- Bus stop along St Peters Drive (5 minute walk)
I have a purpose built consultation room (posh shed) in my back garden.
Therapy is also available via Skype, telephone or email.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Sessions are available Monday to Friday 9.30 a.m. to 8.30 p.m. Weekend sessions are available on special request and are at a premium rate.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Do you want a supervisor to work with through your training and accreditation?.View supervision profile