Serendipity Psychology: Dr Lauren Sayers & Associates (CPsychol)
- Chartered Clinical Psychologists with the British Psychological Society
- Psychology and counselling services available
- Committed, flexible and individualised therapy
- Evening and weekend appointments available
- Working with individuals (adults, children and young people), couples and families
- Expert services (Members of the BPS Directory of Expert Witnesses)
Who we are
Serendipity Psychology is a partnership of professionally registered, highly trained Psychologists in independent practice across Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes. We aspire to deliver exceptional psychological care and support to our clients.
Finding a therapist
Trying to find the right therapy and therapist can be a confusing and complicated process. It is especially important to find someone you think you can form a strong relationship with and someone who is able to help you in the most effective way. We recommend attending an initial consultation, by telephone, Skype or in person, to find out more about your problems and decide what approach to therapy might be most helpful, we should then be able to recommend which therapist will be likely to work best with you and the problems you bring.
Membership bodies and registrations
We maintain our registration with the Health Professions Council (HCPC) and are Chartered members of the British Psychological Society (BPS), deemed the ‘gold standard’ for psychologists in the UK.
What we provide
We are committed to providing effective, evidence-based therapy for a wide range of psychological, emotional and relationship problems. We offer a number of therapies which we have received a high level of specialist training in including:
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Schema Therapy
- Systemic Family Therapy
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Compassion-focused therapy (CFT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Personal Construct Psychology (PCP)
Training and consultancy
We offer a number of training courses in several areas of mental health for other professionals, companies and organisations. These training courses can be specially designed in line with individual need. Examples of past courses have included: Understanding Autistic Spectrum Disorder; Attachment; Personality Disorder and complex trauma, Self Harm and Eating Disorders; Understanding Psychosis and complex mental health disorders, An Introduction to Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Skills.
Coaching, mentoring and advocacy
We offer mentoring, executive coaching and supervision to individuals and professionals looking to enter into psychology and counselling, or those embarking on a life change such as a career change, having children, divorce or redundancy. We offer an advocacy service for those making Personal Independence Payment and other similar applications where they might struggle to do this independently.
Training, qualifications & experience
We are qualified Clinical Psychologists qualified to doctorate level with additional graduate level qualifications in psychology. We are also chartered with the British Psychological Society (BPS) which is considered the 'gold standard' for psychological practitioners in the UK.
We have attended further extensive, professional training in specific therapeutic models such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Schema Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Personal Construct Psychology (PCP) and trauma approaches.
In addition to this training, we have specific training and work-based experience in working with particular issues including post traumatic stress (PTSD), personality difficulties, anxiety and depression, phobias, gender-related issues, relationship difficulties and autism spectrum conditions. We hold advanced professional qualifications in psychotherapy and counselling.
Our training in safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, confidentiality, ethical practice, information governance and data protection is updated biannually.
We have held many different professional and specialist roles within psychology, counselling and psychotherapy. For details about our psychologists, please see our website for further information relating to individual Psychologist profiles:
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
While we have experience and training in each of the above indicated areas, our areas of specialism include:
- Borderline and other personality difficulties and disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and complex trauma
- Autistic Spectrum conditions
- Anxiety conditions, including OCD and Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Depression, low mood and Bipolar Disorder
- Stress and burnout
- Grief, loss and bereavement
- Relationship problems and relationship breakdown (couples therapy)
- Self harm, eating disorders and other life threatening behaviour
- Anger management
- Gender identity issues
We welcome further discussion regarding any difficulties you may have and invite you to contact us with any queries. We look forward to hearing from you.
Our psychologists have trained with the British Psychological Society as expert witnesses and are on the Expert Witness Directory and able to support medicolegal, expert and professional witness work as required.
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
Photos & videos
Our fees are competitive with other psychologists and concessions are available upon enquiry.
Daytime, evening, and weekend appointments are available.
Sessions would usually be held at one of our comfortable consulting rooms or clinics around Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes. It is also sometimes possible for arrangements to be made for us to travel to those who would feel more at ease at home. It is important that your sessions are held in a quiet and private venue so that you can speak freely and feel reassured that any information shared is not overheard.
Sessions are usually an hour long and are planned with you to ensure they suit your needs. These are flexible and booked on an individual basis or in advance as a course of sessions.
The length of therapy:
This can be adapted to meet short and longer-term goals, depending on your needs and preferences. This can be as short as a few targeted sessions or longer term.
Confidentiality is uppermost and central to our working practice; everything you share with us will remain confidential according to the British Psychological Society's (BPS) and the National Counselling Society's (NCS) codes of conduct. This means that unless there are serious concerns about your safety or the safety of others, your information will only be shared in confidential, clinical supervision in which you remain anonymous.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Available daytimes, evenings and weekends
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Our psychologists have received training in professional supervision from a number of excellent healthcare and academic institutions such as Oxford and Leicester University.View supervision profile