Naomi David Reg. MBACP - Fresh Thoughts Counselling
01935 509490 / 07540 390168
I am a qualified Therapeutic Counsellor with clinics in the Yeovil and Dorchester area. I offer a flexible appointment system, with evenings and weekend sessions available.
I offer a home visiting service (in the Yeovil & surrounding area), for clients with physical difficulties and clients unable to access transport. I also offer this service to young children clients. I hire rooms in Yeovil town centre and in Dorchester for clients who can access me directly.
I offer therapy aimed at your own personal needs in a confidential and safe environment, where we can work together in a non-judgemental and respectful way allowing you the time needed for you to explore your own emotions and thoughts.
I work with the purpose of "working with the whole person". Therefore, I offer what is wanted, relevant and mutually agreed with you.
I work with adults, children and young people. I have a vast amount of experience of working with people with learning difficulties. Some of the areas I work with are: anxiety, general anxiety disorder, depression, post natal depression, relationship issues, bipolar, seasonal affective disorder (SAD), PTSD, trauma and bereavement.
*Please contact me for further information or your FREE 30 min initial meeting*
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (PC - L5)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (TC - L4)
- Certificate in Counselling Studies (CST- L3)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (CSK - L2)
- Transactional Analysis (TA101)
- Relational Trauma and Neuroscience
- REWIND Trauma Technique
- Awareness in Bereavement - Adults, Children & Young People
- Mindfulness (MBSR)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
Photos & videos
I offer my sessions at a rate of £35 for 50 minutes.
(An extra £5 charge per session if the home session is outside of my catchment area).
I have some availability for concession rates and I keep these free for students, young people and those who need help financially.
I offer a variety of techniques in my work, including Rewind, Mindfulness, Transactional Analysis and CBT. However, my main focus is you, the client, and to you I offer myself and my person centred skills. You remain at the heart of our sessions.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
REMAINING Available sessions are: Limited - please contact to make an appointment
Types of client