01263 740749 / 07875676663
My name is Mary Wakelin, I have 20 years experience offering effective Counselling and Psychotherapy to individuals of all ages and couples in private practice, at HMP Norwich and at Holt Consulting Rooms.
I offer a safe, non judgemental and confidential space where you can explore issues, develop understanding and make changes affecting your life and relationships. I use a variety of approaches to suit the needs of each client.
I am a senior member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists and abide by their ethical codes of conduct.
I gained an advanced diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy from the central school of Counselling and Psychotherapy;
I have since done several topic specific training including:
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Together we can work towards recovery from losses, personal growth, emotional health and a greater insight.
Training, qualifications & experience
CSCT Counselling Diploma
Cognitive behavioural Therapy
I have 20 years of counselling experience working with individuals and couples, both privately and in public institutions.
I have worked with a wide range of issues including bereavement, abuse, addiction, relationships, work and stress.
I also have experience of working with teenagers and young adults.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
£40.00 per hour.
I employ a sliding scale for people on low income.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client