07565 879401 / 07565 879401
My role as a counsellor is to create the environment for you to explore your difficulties in a comfortable and safe place, without fear of being judged. This is done by offering you three 'Core Conditions':
- Unconditional positive regard - You will be listened to without judgement
- Congruence - I will be honest with you
- Empathy - I will be there with you to support you on your journey
My personal belief is that we all have the solutions to our own life challenges, I see my role is to guide and walk with my clients to enable them to enhance their lives. I do not offer advice, or give a list of do's and don'ts, I work with my clients offering the time, space and opportunity to explore their thoughts and feelings.
My commitment to my clients is to provide
counselling in a safe, confidential,
non judgemental environment.
If you wish to contact me, we can arrange a mutually convenient time for an initial 30 minute session. At this session I can answer any questions you may have and talk through your needs and concerns. This initial appointment is for us both to have the space and time to decide if I am the right person to work with you, and if not, any other professionals who may be able to offer you more appropriate support. There is no charge for this initial session.
I can currently offer weekly, weekday, daytime, 50 minute appointments at £40 per session. You may pay by cash or cheque.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a member of BACP
FdA Counselling (Humanistic based on Transactional Analysis (TA))
Level 2 in Counselling Skills
Introducing the Social Sciences
Assertiveness & Confidence in Business
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive therapy
Initial session is free of charge
I offer short-term and long-term contracts.
My practice is within 2 minutes walk from a bus stop.
There is free parking where I run my practice from.
Continuous Professional Improvement courses attended:
Working with People with Chronic Illness or Disabilities.
Safeguarding Children from Extremism.
Cognitive treatment and understanding of preadolescent social anxiety disorder.
Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
Counselling confidentiality, data protection and access to records.
Attachment Theory from the 'Inside' with Sir Richard Bowlby
Compassion, Mindfulness & Self Care - Concepts & Strategies for you and your clients
Supporting Bereaved Children and Young People
Teaching Clients Mindfulness Skills
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays and evening appointments available.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|