Kate Rushbrooke FdSc in Person-Centred Counselling
I am an experienced Counsellor and Mentor for parents of children who present with Challenging Behaviours mainly due to Developmental Disorders such as PDA and other types of Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia etc. I offer a six module counselling and mentoring service, with support in between sessions, to help parents to learn more about themselves, their passions and their inner resources as a means of offering the best support possible to their child. My sessions incorporate traditional counselling techniques along with strategies for maintaining good mental health, solid personal resilience and living life to the full despite the challenges. The Recipe for helping Families to Flourish!
Training, qualifications & experience
- A FdSc in Person-Centred Counselling
- CBT training
- 6 years Counselling experience.
- First-hand experience of parenting a child with Development Disorders.
- Resilience training
- Fully trained in parenting skills to suit challenging children
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Pathological Demand Avoidance, ADHD, Dyslexia and more
A walk in my shoes - offering a six module program for helping families to flourish. Price on request.
Skype Counselling Available
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
9.30am - 4pm Monday to Friday. Evenings and Weekends by arrangement.
Types of client