Jenny Roberts, MBACP Accredited Counsellor, PG Dip, B.Sc. Hons
45 Central Street
The Gestalt Centre
15-23 St Pancras Way
I’m an experienced counsellor, trained at the Metanoia Institute, and an accredited member of BACP. I’ve worked at Mind, NHS and have managed a counselling agency providing brief therapy. In my practice I work with individuals and couples, providing brief and open-ended therapy depending on what may be most appropriate to your needs and your situation.
I specialise in improving self-esteem, increasing self-confidence and self-acceptance, relieving anxiety and depression, working through identity crisis, improving relationships, communication and intimacy. I have also worked substantially with life transitions, both personal and career.
My approach is based on creating a safe space for you to share what’s troubling you, work through unresolved issues and gain new perspectives to make the changes you feel are right for you. I value connection and trust, which makes it possible to work through difficult feelings and find new ways of dealing with challenging situations.
How we work will be completely individual to your needs as no life situation is ever experienced in the same way by two different people. I like to understand what’s important to each person and connect at whatever level you feel your life needs attending to. This could mean exploring new ways of tackling situations, communicating or relating, exploring new perspectives or moving forward from a difficult place.
I offer gestalt counselling which means the focus of our work will be the here-and-now as it’s only in the present that we can make changes, let go of old patterns, wounds, painful memories and unhelpful beliefs and be able to create something different.
I’m happy to discuss any areas of your life that are troubling you. Please call me on 07515 570689
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Gestalt Counselling from Metanoia Institute
- BACP Accredited member (MBACP) and abide by their code of ethics
- Certificate in Couples Counselling from the Relational Academy
- Specialising in anxiety, depression, self-esteem, self-confidence, life transitions, identity crisis and improving relationships
- Experienced at applying mindfulness techniques for stress management, relaxation, personal growth and developing presence.
- Before setting up my private practice I worked at Mind and NHS (Putneymead Medical Practice) supporting clients to overcome the emotional distress of experiencing traumatic life events.
- I have also managed a counselling agency in Kingston providing brief therapy
Prior to my counselling career I had a background in business and I'm very familiar with the pressures, challenges and demands which come with a high pressured job, managing complex teams and dealing with organisational change.
"I have always been reluctant to start therapy, but when I realised I needed some help someone strongly recommended to get in touch with Jenny. Now, after almost one year, I feel I have to share this excellent piece of advice. Jenny helped me for about five months, but the effects of the work we did together are still present. Old psychological wounds have been healed and she gave me a method to face everyday difficulties. It did not change me, it liberated me thanks to a very subtle and clever approach". Cristina M, 2016
“Jenny has given me the tools needed to overcome several hurdles from my past. I have continued to see improvements in the way that I am able to cope with life events long after our sessions together have ended. She is a patient, genuine and skilled therapist and I would certainly recommend her services.” Jodie, 2014
"When I first went to therapy I thought what I was feeling was huge but I was surprised that in so few sessions I could feel so different. It was about learning new tools for me, which I could easily apply to my life and helped me have more control in difficult situations." BC, 2013
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
Photos & videos
Fees are £60 per session for individuals and £80 per session for couples. Each session lasts 50 minutes.
I provide counselling sessions at two locations in London:
A very discreet location, approximately 7 minutes walk from Old Street tube, and also very close to Moorgate and Barbican tube stations.
Camden / King's Cross
Also very discreet and tucked away between Camden Town tube and King's Cross, approximately 12 minutes walk from either. It's also walking distance from Morning Crescent and Camden Road stations
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|