Greg Savva, Counselling in Twickenham & Whitton, Masters Degree, UKCP,
Counselling In Twickenham
Counselling In Twickenham
449 Chertsey Road
07506787034 / 07506787034
Welcome to my profile. I'm Greg.
I believe in a compassionate, open-minded approach to counselling. Helping you make sense of your thoughts and emotions, as you learn how to overcome the stress of anxiety, anger, depression and trauma. I also enable you to repair broken relationships, or make adjustments to unwanted patterns of behaviour.
At Counselling Twickenham, I see our work together as a partnership which thrives on effective listening and feedback. This means offering you realistic solutions that make sense and resonate with your experience. As an experienced counsellor, I recognise the key to success is rebuilding your self-confidence and trust. So it's important that while you tackle your issues, you still remain true to yourself.
I have a Masters Degree in counselling and psychotherapy. I've worked for over 12 years in private practice, at MIND, the NHS, universities and other counselling agencies.
Most people find me warm, open and sensitive to their needs. As well as having a good sense of humour, I always show an attitude of tolerance and respect. While I am aware it can be challenging to talk through your problems with a counsellor, it's vital to air your concerns with someone you trust. I see myself as committed to your needs and able to attune to your emotions, yet remain neutral. A therapist who can offer you an overview of your situation and discuss alternative solutions without a hidden agenda. I also offer Mindfulness practice based on the latest scientific research on the brain and neuroscience.
In the midst of a personal crisis, your emotions, thoughts and relationships might be undermining your ability to cope and make informed decisions. You may be suffering with anxiety, stress, depression, anger or grief you cannot let go. This can lead to a sense of alienation and feeling out of control. In my practice I listen with patience and empathy, offering alternative solutions and restoring independence. To my mind, counselling is an opportunity to understand yourself and make better choices. As well as developing self-acceptance and mutual respect in relationships. And a deeper understanding of your unconscious conflicts.
I have the privilege of of working alongside people from many different backgrounds, cultures, professions, genders and sexual orientations. Working at home and abroad in India, Cyprus, New guinea and Brazil. I have over 12 years experience and trained as a counsellor at MIND, the NHS and the first male counsellor at Portsmouth Rape Crisis Service. I have also practised counselling at Winchester University and supervised trainee counsellors at St. Mary's University.
At Counselling Twickenham and Whitton, we will work in partnership to address your concerns while you develop a greater capacity for insight and reflection. And I will provide a safe framework for your progress. With each step forward, we will work on your strengths to find solutions that meet your needs. Mindfulness can also help you find equilibrium and wellbeing; attending to the present moment rather than getting stuck in the past or anticipating the future.
I offer counselling at affordable rates:
- Individual counselling - £50/hour (daytime) £55/hour (evening)
- Couples counselling - £65/hour (anytime)
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens in counselling? There isn't a right way or a wrong way of doing counselling. You simply tell your story in the best way you can, as I listen and ask you questions or offer helpful feedback. This includes developing self-awareness and making sense of your thoughts, emotions & patterns of behaviour, even when they aren’t clear. Then we work in partnership to resolve your issues and find a way forward together.
Do I have to know what I’m doing, or talking about in counselling? There aren't any rules in counselling so relax. You don't need to don’t know what to do or say, just allow yourself a little time to reflect as you talk. You don’t have to come prepared or know exactly where to begin – just the ability to slowly piece together your story. If you feel unsure about what happens next, don’t worry. I have no expectations. You can ask questions, take your time and I will try to help through the process, as you find the words.
Will I be judged or diagnosed with anything? No. Counselling is an opportunity to talk openly and not feel judged. As a counsellor it's my job to listen without prejudice and offer you constructive feedback. I will not be diagnosing you with any conditions; or speak in 'psychobabble' over your head. If you’re not sure about something, I'll be only too happy to explain it as often as you’d like.
How long does counselling last? It’s up to you. Just use your instincts. Usually you'll feel the benefit of progress counselling in a short space of time. Simply trust yourself to make the best decision based on whether you have benefited or learned things which are helpful and sustainable.
Do I have to have something seriously wrong with me? There is nothing too trivial or serious for counselling. You will be accepted whether you're in crisis, need support or curious about how to change your life around . You just have to feel ready to take the next step.
Please contact me to discuss your concerns, obligation free. Or visit my website on the link www.enduringmind.co.uk above. I look forward to hearing from you. The first consultation is simply a way of seeing if we work well together and there is no pressure to commit.
Counselling in Twickenham | Enduring Mind | Counselling Whitton
Couples Counselling In Twickenham, Whitton
Training, qualifications & experience
- 12 years as a Practising Counsellor & Psychotherapist
- 5 years Masters Degree in Psychotherapy (BSc, MA, MSc, PDip, UKCP)
- 6 years lecturing & supervising to trainee counsellors at Saint Mary's University
- Portsmouth Area Rape Crisis Service
- Winchester University Counselling Service
- Get Started & Moving Minds referral service
- Accredited member of UKCP, AVIVA, EAP
As an experienced counsellor, I can work with you through your struggles, anxiety and distress. I believe my capacity for compassion & understanding can help you gain insight & change your life for the better. I offer attentive listening & feedback.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
Photos & videos
- Ongoing - Mindfulness workshops - (and neuroscience of the brain)
- Ongoing - Reading & Discussion Group for Counselling
- Ongoing - Advanced Diploma in Counselling | Counselling In Isleworth
- Ongoing - Foundation Degree In Counselling & Psychology | Counselling In Twickenham
Individuals - £50/hour (daytime); £55/hour (evenings)
Couples - £65/hour
Concessions - for veterans, mental health service users and some unemployed groups
- What is mindfulness for?
- Setting boundaries in relationships
- A Sense of Dread
- Spiralling cycles of anxiety and avoidance
- Living on a knife-edge
- Anxiety and fear of the unknown
- Vicious cycles in relationships
- Am I losing my mind?
- How to survive pain
- Breaking cycles of anxiety and stress
- Recovering from traumatic experiences – anxiety, stress and PTSD
- Relief from the grip of anxiety, stress and panic
- Hair-trigger stress and anxiety - hypervigilance
- How to practice empathy in relationships
- Self-regulation: breaking cycles of anxiety, stress & panic
- Are you hooked on drama?
- The tyranny of social anxiety
- My life is spiralling out of control – stress and anxiety
- Co-dependency in relationships - what is it?
- We all need somebody to lean on
- We all need to be held and caressed sometimes
- Relief from anger or anger management
- Mindfulness of stress and anxiety
- Relief from anxiety and depression
- Learning to spot the signs of anxiety
- Signs of a good relationship and trust with your counsellor
- Assertive communication
- How to argue – guidance from couples counselling and relationships
- How Can Counselling Help Me? It’s a good question!
- Techniques for overcoming anxiety - mindfulness of breathing
- Understanding Intimacy & Closeness in Relationships
- Tips for Communication - Couples Counselling
- Should I seek counselling or is it a sign of weakness?
- Why Choose Couples Counselling?
Frequency of sessions: Sessions last 50 minutes and occur weekly at the same time and day each week.
Phone counselling: is a consideration for long-term clients or those with disabilities
Notice for a consultation: Usually 24 hours required (depending on existing waiting lists)
Cancellations: I allow for two free cancellations, (one emergency and one with notice), however on the third occasion and thereafter cancellations are rescheduled or paid for. If I cannot reschedule the client takes responsibility for payment. I do not work on weekends or bank holidays (including Christmas, New Year's Eve/Day and Easter).
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 9 pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
As a consultant psychotherapist, I offer private individual & group supervision for trainee counsellors and other professionals.View supervision profile