Greg Savva, Masters Degree, UKCP, Counselling in Twickenham & Whitton
Counselling In Twickenham
Counselling In Twickenham
449 Chertsey Road
07506787034 / 07506787034
Welcome to my profile. I'm Greg.
As an experienced counsellor and therapist, I have always felt a supportive, open-minded approach to counselling is the best way forward for my clients.
At Counselling Twickenham, I see our relationship as a way of encouraging you to gain self-awareness and change your life for the better. A partnership which thrives on effective listening and feedback, as you make sense of your thoughts and emotions, or resolve difficulties in relationships. I can help you work through your issues, as you overcome the distress of anxiety, trauma, depression, anger and impulsive behaviour. I am an experienced therapist (Masters Degree, MSc & MA), having worked for 12 years in private practice, universities and other organisations.
While I am aware it can be challenging to talk through your problems with a counsellor, it's vital to air your concerns with someone you trust. I see myself as committed to your needs, but able to remain neutral. A therapist who can offer you an overview of your situation and discuss the alternatives. I also offer Mindfulness and individual practice based on the latest scientific research from neuroscience.
In the midst of a personal crisis, your emotions, thoughts and relationships can undermine your ability to cope and make decisions. You may be suffering with anxiety, depression, anger or grief that you cannot let go of. This can lead to a feeling that you are no longer in control of your life. In my practice I listen with patience and empathy, offering alternative solutions and restoring a sense of independence. To my mind, counselling is an opportunity to understand your difficulties and make better choices. As well as developing self-acceptance and mutual respect in relationships.
Most people find me open and sensitive to their needs. You may be struggling with feelings of anxiety, depression, impulsive behaviour or conflicted relationships. This is where I can help: developing a deeper understanding of the surface tensions and underlying issues.
While I have a good sense of humour, I always show an attitude of tolerance and respect. I have the privilege of of working alongside people from many different backgrounds, cultures, professions, genders and sexual orientations. Working at home and abroad in India, Cyprus, New guinea and Brazil. I have over 12 years experience and trained as a counsellor at MIND, the NHS and the first male counsellor at Portsmouth Rape Crisis Service. I have also practised counselling at Winchester University and supervised trainee counsellors at St. Mary's University.
At Counselling Twickenham and Whitton, we will work in partnership to address your concerns and struggles. While you will develop a greater capacity for insight and reflection, I will provide a safe framework for your progress. With each step forward, we will work on your strengths, as well as a meaningful solutions that meet your needs. Mindfulness is one of the techniques, which helps clients find equilibrium and wellbeing; attending to the present moment rather than getting stuck in the past or racing ahead to an uncertain future.
I offer counselling at affordable rates:
- Individual counselling - £45/hour (daytime) £50/hour (evening)
- Couples counselling - £60/hour (anytime)
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens in counselling? There isn't a right way or a wrong way of doing counselling. You simply tell your story in the best way you can, as I listen and ask questions or offer helpful feedback. This includes developing self-awareness and making sense of your thoughts, emotions & patterns of behaviour, even when they aren’t clear. Then we work in partnership to resolve your issues and find a way forward together.
Do I have to know what I’m doing, or talking about in counselling? There aren't any rules in counselling so relax. You don't need to don’t know what to do or say, just allow yourself a little time to reflect as you talk. You don’t have to come prepared or know exactly where to begin – just the ability to slowly piece together your story. If you feel unsure about what happens next, don’t worry. I have no expectations. You can ask questions, take your time and I will try to help through the process, as you find the words.
Will I be judged or diagnosed with anything? No. Counselling is an opportunity to talk openly and not feel judged. As a counsellor it's my jobe to listen without prejudice and offers you constructive feedback. I will not be diagnosing you with any conditions; or speak in 'psychobabble' over your head. If you’re not sure about something, I'll be only too happy to explain it as often as you’d like.
How long does counselling last? It’s up to you. Just use your instincts. Usually you'll feel the benefit of progress counselling in a short space of time. Simply trust yourself to make the best decision based on whether you have benefited or learned things which are sustainable.
Do I have to have something seriously wrong with me? There is nothing too trivial or serious for counselling. You will be accepted whether you're in crisis, need support or curious about how to change your life around . You just have to feel ready to take the next step.
Please contact me to discuss your concerns, obligation free. Or visit my website on the link www,enduringmind.co.uk above. I look forward to hearing from you. The first consultation is simply a way of seeing if we work well together and there is no pressure to commit.
Counselling in Twickenham | Enduring Mind | Counselling Whitton
Couples Counselling In Twickenham, Whitton
Training, qualifications & experience
- 12 years as a Practising Counsellor & Psychotherapist
- 5 years Masters Degree in Psychotherapy (BSc, MA, MSc, PDip, UKCP)
- 6 years lecturing & supervising to trainee counsellors at Saint Mary's University
- Portsmouth Area Rape Crisis Service
- Winchester University Counselling Service
- Get Started & Moving Minds referral service
- Accredited member of UKCP, AVIVA, EAP
As an experienced counsellor, I can work with you through your struggles, anxiety and distress. I believe my capacity for compassion & understanding can help you gain insight & change your life for the better. I offer attentive listening & feedback.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
Photos & videos
- Ongoing - Mindfulness workshops - (and neuroscience of the brain)
- Ongoing - Reading & Discussion Group for Counselling
- Ongoing - Advanced Diploma in Counselling | Counselling In Isleworth
- Ongoing - Foundation Degree In Counselling & Psychology | Counselling In Twickenham
Individuals - £45/hour (daytime); £50/hour (evenings)
Couples - £60/hour
Concessions - for veterans, mental health service users and some unemployed groups
- Breaking cycles of anxiety and stress
- Recovering from traumatic experiences – anxiety, stress and PTSD
- Relief from the grip of anxiety, stress and panic
- Hair-trigger stress and anxiety - hypervigilance
- How to practice empathy in relationships
- Self-regulation: breaking cycles of anxiety, stress & panic
- Are you hooked on drama?
- The tyranny of social anxiety
- My life is spiralling out of control – stress and anxiety
- Co-dependency in relationships - what is it?
- We all need somebody to lean on
- We all need to be held and caressed sometimes
- Relief from anger or anger management
- Mindfulness of stress and anxiety
- Relief from anxiety and depression
- Learning to spot the signs of anxiety
- Signs of a good relationship and trust with your counsellor
- Assertive communication
- How to argue – guidance from couples counselling and relationships
- How Can Counselling Help Me? It’s a good question!
- Techniques for overcoming anxiety - mindfulness of breathing
- Understanding Intimacy & Closeness in Relationships
- Tips for Communication - Couples Counselling
- Should I seek counselling or is it a sign of weakness?
- Why Choose Couples Counselling?
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 9 pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
As a consultant psychotherapist, I offer private individual & group supervision for trainee counsellors and other professionals.View supervision profile