David Kinvig Cousellor, Psychotherapist and Supervisor
259 Church Street
07713 978580 / 07713 978580
I am a qualified and registered Counsellor, Psychotherapist and Supervisor. I practice from a therapy centre in Blackpool. I also work from home in private practice.I work as a Person Centred Counsellor (BACP Accredited Advanced Diploma), I completed a MSc in CBT and I am a registered Certified Accredited Advanced EFT Practitioner.I am a registered Advanced Integral Eye Movement (IEMT) Practitioner and a Mindfulness Practitioner.
I am a qualified and experienced Couples and Family Therapist. I am also a registered and Accredited Eating Disorders therapist.
My dedication to developing my practice means that I also trained in Mindfulness which I practice daily both on an individual basis as well as hosting group sessions. I am a qualified supervisor. In my spare time I volunteer as a grief, bereavement and loss counsellor as well as a supervisor for Cruse Bereavement Care. I sit on one of the committee's at Lancashire Cruse. My working role means I have extensive experience in Autism and Learning disabilities having worked in that field for eight years and latterly managing a physical and learning disability service/team. I have completed a certificate in HIV/AIDS counselling.
In 2017 I successfully completed a Diploma in NLP. In 2018 I will complete a course in Attachment/Family Therapy with the renowned Bowlby Centre in London.
I am a member of the BACP, BABCP, AAMETT and the Association of Intergral Eye Movement Practitioners. I hold a current Advanced DBS disclosure and am fully insured to practice. I have extensive experience in working with Personality Disorder (PD) and Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) having worked as lead practitioner in both PD and DID. I work across the full spectrum of disorders however I have particular interest in trauma, eating disorders, bereavement and family therapy.
I am passionate about therapy and joining people on their journey and hopefully making that process and their journey both healing and illuminating.
What ever comes your way I am hopeful that together we can climb over it.
Training, qualifications & experience
PGdip and Masters of Science Degree in CBT
- Advanced ( BACP Accredited) Diploma in Counselling
- Advanced Certified Accredited Practitioner in Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- Accredited (Registered) Eating Disorders Therapist
- Certificate in Couples and Relationship Counselling
- Advanced Integral Eye Movement Practitioner
- Ascentis accredited bereavement Counsellor (Cruse trained too)
- Ascentis and ABC accredited supervisor
- MBCT therapist
- Diploma in Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Advanced Certificate in Aids/HIV Counselling and Care.
- Advanced Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Advanced Apprenticeship and NVQ 3 in Social Care and Children and Young people.
I have worked across a range of disorders and in last twelve months I have completed over 120 hours in CPD over a range of courses.I have been working as a therapist and growing my practice for seven years.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
One to one therapy : £45 per hour for any modality of therapy that I offer.
£60 for 60 minutes of couple therapy.
£50 for 90 minutes of supervision.
Your last agreed session with me is FREE of charge.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me directly. I have great flexibility and work responsively and respectfully to a clients needs. I work in both Blackpool and Preston Lancashire.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I work as a Person Centred supervisor hosting individual and group supervision.I also volunteer as a supervisor for Cruse Bereavement Care. .View supervision profile