Coral Geeves MBACP, Dip. Couns Integrative Counsellor & Psychotherapist
Counselling can be the first step in taking care of yourself and creating self value. As a fully qualified counsellor I aim to provide a warm, trustworthy and genuine relationship throughout our work together, enabling personal growth and positive influences in your ability to take charge of your life without giving you advice or sharing my opinions.
I believe that the quality of the relationship between client and therapist in feeling safe and understood, are the necessary conditions for working through your problems and determining the outcome of therapy.
I have experience in working with a wide range of diverse and psychological issues within various settings, including the NHS in GP surgeries, registered bereavement service with HBBS and relationship issues through attachment couples counselling.
I believe that everyone is unique with their own personal view of the world and each individual has their own responses to life events. Men and women of all ages and backgrounds seek counselling for many different reasons such as, feeling confused or unhappy with relationships, troubled by reactions to events or people from past experiences, suffering from stress, anxiety, feeling depressed and lonely or emotionally distressed with a recent life crises such as divorce or bereavement. You may simply be a feeling that something's not 'quite right' and want to make sense of your life.
Being able to share how you feel with your counsellor and having your feelings heard and respected, can be extremely helpful in facilitating change.
How you express your feelings is personal and we all have our own ways of doing this. Within the process of active listening, I aim to help you gain a sense of awareness of how the difficulties you are experiencing are impacting on your life and your relationships. Therapy enables you to explore and identify your feelings, whilst help you to recognise and draw on your own resources and strengths in discovering solutions to grow and develop.
As an experienced practitioner and a registered member of a professional association, (BACP) I run my own practice with the highest level of competence in abiding by ethical guidelines and I am committed to professional development to enhance my work. My approaches include Humanistic, Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Transactional Analysis, which I specifically tailor to your needs and concerns. My work is fully focused on our relationship and you as an individual or as a couple.
I offer an initial assessment for us both the opportunity to meet and discuss your difficulties and for you to gain a sense in if I am the right person for you. Sessions can be short or long term, where you can talk freely at your own pace in a safe, non judgemental and confidential setting.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Qualification Certificates:
- Diploma Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy
- CPCAB Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Counselling Skills
- NOCN Understanding Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Accredited qualification in the Influences of Behaviour
- Accreditation in Development of Children and Young People
- Accreditation in Working with Children and Young People
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency for Counsellors and Psychotherapists
My Professional Development Certificates:
- Attachment Theory from the inside/ Relationship Issues
- Dissociation, Trauma & Abuse
- BACP Neurotransmitters, Anxiety, Depression & Addictions
- Working Therapeutically with Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Understanding Anger and Rage
- Verbal Behaviour
- Bereavement & Loss
- Dealing with Vicarious Trauma
- Working Therapeutically with Lies, Shame & Guilt
- Dementia Awareness
- Applied Behaviour Analysis Therapy
- Certificate Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults
- Safeguarding Children from Abuse by Sexual Exploitation
- Fully DBS checked
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have 13 years of experience in working with young people with OCD, anxiety, relationship difficulties and anger management. I have also worked within special needs schools using applied behaviour analysis therapy for children with autism and families who maybe facing difficult and challenging experiences.
Photos & videos
I offer an initial assessment which enables us both the opportunity to discuss your difficulties and for you to gain a sense in if I am the right person for you.
- Individual Counselling is for 50 min £40
- Adolescent Counselling is for 45 min £35
- Couples Counselling is for 50 min £60
- Family Counselling is for 50 min £65
- Concessions offered to students, pensioners and those on low income.
My private practice is held in a discreet and peaceful location, providing a safe place for you to express your feelings/anxieties in therapeutic and confidential setting.
There are no parking restrictions if travelling by car and I am within a short walking distance from public transport.
Please feel free to call or email me with any questions you may have or to make an appointment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 9am to 7.30pm.
Types of client