0208 595 8806 / 07910 950182
Why choose to have your counselling with me? I am an experienced psychotherapist/counsellor in private practice for over 15 years. I provide a holistic mind and body approach to your emotional well being. Venues are welcoming and confidential. Some of the services that I provide are:
- expertise in the treatment of phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder, psychosomatic illness (how the emotions can affect your body), depression and anxiety
- stress management consulting
- post traumatic stress and crises intervention counselling
- survivors of childhood abuse
- survivors of narcissistic relationships.
- mindfulness therapy
- cognitive behaviour therapy
For more details, see "Areas I can help with" below.
I offer integrative psychotherapy counselling to individuals, couples and groups. I am also an executive life coach and work with many who wish to understand themselves more and achieve a good life balance.
I work under The Gateway Psychotherapy and Counselling Practice and offer an extended range of services and an extended range of fees to make counselling available for almost everyone (see fees below).
What happens first?
Your first contact will normally be by telephone. Office hours are 12am to 7pm (Monday to Friday) - please be prepared to spend 10 to 15 minutes talking about your requirements so I can assist and best fit your needs. During session times you may get my answerphone; please leave your name and contact number, and a suitable time for me to call you. Other referring bodies please telephone me, or send in your referral by email or post.
I also welcome email contact if that’s the way you feel most comfortable.
I am positive about difference and operate an equal opportunities policy.
How I can help you
My extended range of services are Psychotherapy and Counselling, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Short term Solution Focused Therapy, Long term Psychoanalytical Therapy, Bereavement counselling, Emotional Wellness Therapy, Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy combined, Life Coaching, Executive Management Coaching, Group Counselling, Several Life Style Management Groups, Weight Loss, and Image Group Counselling.
I also offer counselling self esteem issues, and body image, weight loss, and anger management. I run a post trauma counselling service for front line employees who have been victims of attack whether physical or verbal. I offer personal therapy for trainee counsellors, and I am a supervisor of other counsellors.
I am experienced in taking referrals from self referrals, Doctors, The Courts, Solicitors, Social Services, Family Services, Schools, The Armed Forces, Corporate Bodies, Employee Assisted Providers, and Insurance Companies.
I am registered with the appropriate professional bodies, BACP British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, fully insured, and are in regular ongoing supervision, and professional development training.
I do offer counselling and psychotherapy by telephone if you are not in travelling distance of me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma Integrative Psychotherapy
- Advance diploma Stress Management and Post Traumatic Stress Counselling
- Advance certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Diploma in Combined Hypnotherapy / Psychotherapy ongoing
- Diploma in Life Coaching ongoing
- Advance certificate in Working with Groups
- Certificate in Counselling supervision
- Diploma Institute of Management training
- Certificate in Nutrition
- Advance certificate Mindfulness Therapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Front Line Trauma Crises Management
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Training
- Mindfulness Therapy
- Counsellor Supervision
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Services and Fees
I recognise that clients sometimes have commitments that do not allow them to attend counselling regularly, it could be due to work, illness, money constraints, time issues, and more. I can offer different solutions and services to fit in with your lifestyle. None of the therapies you receive from me is compromised in any way; I am trained to work within these frameworks.
I am a member of and work within the ethical framework code of good practice laid out in the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy guidelines. I carry insurance.
Your first session is an assessment and a counselling session, and charged at the normal rate.
- 45 minute session once weekly £45.00
- 50 minute session once weekly £50.00
- 60 minute session once weekly £60.00
Face to face counselling sessions usually meeting once a week, sometimes twice a week.
- Fortnightly sessions sometimes can be arranged
Couples Counselling face to face sessions
Couples counselling runs weekly over a 21 week period, or open ended whichever you decide. The first 7 sessions you are seen together as a couple, then you are seen separately for 7 weeks, both within the same week, then back together for the last 7 weeks. We also offer open ended couples therapy.
- Couples 50 minutes session once a week £45.00 plus a reduced fee of £20.00 for partner
- Individual sessions 45 minutes once a week £45.00
I also offer a crises management or mediation couples therapy session (usually one off) for couples in crises.
- 90 minutes face to face session £85.00
Telephone counselling sessions
Sessions are booked in advance for you, payment is in advance either by cheque or paypal (a safe way of paying over the web, if you need more information on this, please ask). I will provide you with a telephone number.
- First session 45 minutes £45.00
- Subsequent weekly sessions 35 minutes £30.00
Email counselling trouble-shooting or crises session
Sometimes and for whatever reasons you might like to have an impartial one off counsellors opinion to your particular problem, email is good medium for this. You might not be sure you are being emotionally abused by a partner, or bullied at work, you might want to seek some guidance on a relationship problem, or you might want a second opinion on something that you don’t emotionally understand. Then a trouble-shooting email session could be helpful for you if you have a particular problem to address.
An email session is booked in advance for you, payment is in advance either by cheque or paypal (a safe way of paying over the web, if you need more information on this, please ask). I will send you over a questionnaire and guidelines, to gather an understanding of you and any particulars that are deemed necessary for consultation with you. You complete this along with the issue(s) that is troubling you, and email back to me.
It is totally confidential I only collect your first name, male or female status, and date of birth, email address, and country of origin. I do not pass your particulars on to any third party, unless I am referring you to another counsellor with your consent. I will then have a look at your issue, and email you a therapeutic reply back within a given time frame, of which I will notify you off, this is normally within 24 hours, or can be longer on weekends and holidays.
Sometimes I might feel your issues run a lot deeper and will then suggest you have another email session, or have telephone counselling with me, or for you to seek a counsellor of your choosing, it is entirely your choice if you want to do this. I do not usually offer long term email counselling.
One off trouble shooting email session £25.00
On going weekly email sessions £20.00
- Mindfulness Therapy
- Psychotherapy & Hypnotherapy sessions
- Group Counselling
- Stress Management Sessions and Trauma Management
- Life Coaching and Executive Coaching Counselling
- Counsellor Supervision
- Personal counselling for trainee counsellors
- Family therapy counselling
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Afternoon and evening sessions are available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Counsellor Supervision.View supervision profile