Bernadette Padfield (MBACP) Registered
Westgate Retail Park
I believe passionately in the counselling process but I also believe that the timing is as important as the therapy itself. When we reach the decision to seek counselling it is then that we are ready to really engage. I will make every effort to see all new clients within 3 working days of initial contact.
I work with almost all types of issues (with couples and individuals) accepting the client(s) wherever they may be, with whatever they may bring and being there for them. Exploring and reflecting together will enhance the healing process encouraging self awareness and the discovery of those inner resources that we all have.
My approach is very person centred although I may use Creative Therapies, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and some Psycho-dynamic theory to enhance the process.I offer both long short and long term therapy. I do believe that nobody knows us more than we know ourselves and therefore respect each individual and their uniqueness above all.
In addition to generic counselling I have a particular interest in pregnancy related issues including infertility, depression and anxiety. I have produced and deliver a training programme for counsellors and counselling students who work with men and women affected by these issues, focussing specifically on pregnancy loss and the complicated grief of abortion.
I have had many years experience working with clients both face to face and over the telephone on a national helpline.
I continue to develop my skills by attending regular workshops and seminars and receive monthly clinical supervision.
I hold a current enhanced D.B.S certificate.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists; therefore I abide by its code of ethics.
Training, qualifications & experience
- NCFE Certificate in Counselling Skills
- NCFE Certificate in Counselling Skills and Theory
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Telephone Counselling
I have produced and deliver a training programme for counsellors and counselling students focussing on pregnancy loss and the complicated grief of abortion.
I have completed additional training in :
- Working with Dreams and Imagery
- Working with your Inner Child
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Eating Disorders
- Pregnancy Loss
- Post Abortion Counselling
- Stillbirth and Neonatal Death
- The Death of a Child
- Postnatal and Antenatal Depression
- P.T.S.D in Childbirth
- Perinatal Mental Health
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Sudden confidence loss, Menopause, Mid-life crisis, Infertility, Ectopic Pregnancy, Traumatic Birth, Miscarriage, Couples grief therapy, Stillbirth,
Each session is £40 for individuals and £50 per couple - concessions are available.
Fees are payable at each session.
I offer a free, no obligation interview of about 30 minutes. This is an opportunity for you to ask any questions and decide whether you would like to work with me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|