5th Avenue Counselling - Marianne Mikhail MSc. MBACP
13C Latton Bush Centre
5th Avenue Counselling is the practice of Marianne Mikhail Msc, offering an accessible, affordable option when you need therapeutic support, or just a space to talk and be heard. The Reduced-Rate Service at 5th Avenue Counselling also offers a more affordable option for the community of Harlow and surrounding areas.
Marianne Mikhail MSc is an experienced counsellor with a Master's Degree from the University of Greenwich, currently the in-house staff Counsellor at the Princess Alexandra Hospital and is a Registered Individual member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists).
Marianne uses an Integrative counselling style, bringing in elements of the three main theories: Person-Centred, Psychodynamic and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Together, these form a holistic style that can be applied to a wide variety of situations and personalities. Sessions last 50 minutes and are tailored to each individual's needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
2011-2014: BACP accredited MSC Therapeutic Counselling course, University of Greenwich
- Three year part-time Masters of Science course at Level 7.
- Integrative modality consisting predominantly of Psychodynamic, Person-centred and CBT theories.
- Passed with Merit.
April 2011: City University Counselling Skills Workshop
- Week-long intensive course run by Joey Lessem, including a detailed overview of main counselling models, and their associated skills.
- Certificate of completion received.
2005-2008: Psychology BSc degree at Goldsmiths College, University of London.
- Achieved Upper Second Class grade with Honours.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work related stress
The usual rate is £60, but your circumstances are taken into account.
For the reduced-rate service, the fee is £30 per session.
The Reduced-Rate Service at 5th Avenue Counselling offers an affordable option for the community of Harlow and surrounding areas.
Our Reduced-Rate service is based at the Latton Bush Centre on Southern Way, and sessions are
50 minutes long. The service is provided by capable counsellors who are working towards a further qualification at Epping Forest College.
There are sessions to suit your availability and fees to suit your circumstances.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Egyptian Arabic|
Available any weekday, until 9pm.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|