I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist with 20 years experience as a counsellor in Private Practice, Further Education, and various charities.
I was also a Lecturer in Counselling and Psychology for 15 years.
I offer brief Solution Focused Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy as well as longer term Psychodynamic, Systemic and Existential Psychotherapy.
I work with individuals, couples, families and groups.
Whatever is troubling you I will work with you to find the solution whether you are facing a major loss or trauma, struggling in a relationship, finding your way through a spiritual/emotional crisis or recovering from an addiction.
I will help you to explore and understand your feelings, identify your personal values and goals and achieve the changes that you want to make.
If you are suffering from symptoms that may be stress related I can work with you on ways to reduce and manage the stress and develop a more fulfilling lifestyle.
Training, qualifications & experience
MSc Counselling Psychology
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
£40 per one hour session, which can be weekly or fortnightly or at different times to suit you. I can be flexible about appointments if for example you do shift work or have to travel for your work and be away at times.
I also offer supervision for counsellors and coaching for professionals.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|