Dr. Victoria Bell - BSc, PhD, DClinPsych (Oxon) Clinical Psychologist
I hold a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of Oxford, in addition to a research Ph.D. in Developmental Psychology. I am a highly qualified and experienced ‘Senior Clinical Psychologist’ and ‘Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist’ providing clients with a modern approach to dealing with their concerns. I always adhere to the highest ethical standards and discretion.
I am incredibly passionate about my work and have been recognised for my innovative and collaborative approach. The foundation of my practice is to create a therapeutic space to enable clients to explore and reduce the barriers to reaching their full potential. I provide bespoke ‘gold standard’ evidence-based therapies as recommended by NICE to facilitate the best outcome.
My expertise includes working with ‘treatment resistant’ problems and the occurrence of multiple disorders simultaneously. I have extensive experience of working successfully with clients who have had ineffective therapy attempts. I also work with those who wish to optimise their psychological health, performance, and relationships.
• Mood Disorders
• Trauma & PTSD
I understand that therapy services can be confusing and I am happy to offer a free 15-minute phone consultation to discuss what you would hope to gain from therapy, and to ensure that I am the appropriate psychologist for your circumstances. Then, if you are happy to continue we can set-up a face-to-face session and agree any follow-up sessions if needed.
Training, qualifications & experience
• Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, University of Oxford, UK
• PhD, Queen’s University, UK
• BSc Psychology, Queen’s University, UK
• I am registered as a ‘Practitioner Psychologist’ with the HCPC which is the independent UK regulator to protect the public by ensuring practitioners meet rigorous standards of proficiency, education, training and professional behaviour.
• I am a ‘Chartered Psychologist’ with the BPS which is a legally recognised title and reflects only the highest standard of psychological knowledge and expertise.
• I am a qualified ‘Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist’ accredited by the BABCP which is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) in the UK.
I have worked in the NHS since 2007, and have held positions at prestigious London National Specialist services specialising in ‘treatment resistant’ psychosis and mood disorders. As part of my NHS work, I deliver training, consultation and supervision to doctors, nurses, managers and psychologists.
I have a track record of published research in international scientific journals in the field of adult mental health, and am part of ongoing research at the world-renowned Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King’s College London.
I have extensive experience supervising and teaching the application of CBT. I am actively involved in lecturing on the Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and MSc mental health courses at King’s College London.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Work-related stress
Self-funding: Individual sessions £180. Couples Therapy £200. Further payment details will be provided at the time of booking your first consultation.
Private health insurance: It may be possible to use your private health insurance to cover the full consultation fees. I am registered with: AXA, Aviva, BUPA, Cigna, Vitality, WPA.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer daytime and evening appointments.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I offer clinical supervision to HCPC registered Psychologists.