Trish Nancollis (M.BACP and MA in Family and Relationship Therapy)
Hello and welcome from Trish.
You have already made the decision to do something which you hope will change and improve certain aspects of your life. The next step is finding the right person to support you to achieve what you want and need.
My role as a counsellor would be to help you understand the thoughts and behaviours you are currently experiencing or those of someone close to you. Please phone or email for an initial discussion about how counselling sessions would be of use to you and your situation.
The counselling I offer is: listening carefully, without judgment, and then working alongside you in a safe, confidential and supportive way to explore what you might want to change and how you can achieve this.
Every client is unique and there are a range of approaches that can be used to enable you to understand your own feelings, thoughts and actions, and those of others. For example you may be feeling stuck, angry, sad, criticised, insecure, misunderstood or hopeless. Any of these can be changed once their roots have been identified and alternative patterns of thinking explored.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MA with distinction in Family and Relationship Therapy (2013). Hull University
- University Advanced Diploma in Couple Counselling (2009). Hull University
- Certificate in Therapeutic Counselling Skills for Children and Young people (8 -18yrs) (2014. The Centre for Child Mental Health
- Qualified trainer for the Separated Parents Information Programme (2012). Relate
- Continuing professional development on relationship and family issues such as Domestic Abuse, Gender and Sexual diversity, Emotions Within Step Families
- Certificates for Mindfulness use in counselling (2018) Relate and Mindsite
- Enhanced DBS Certificate to work with Children and Young people in different settings
- B. Ed (First Class) (1988). Crewe and Alsager College of Higher Education
I have worked as a counsellor with the Relate organisation for 10 years. This has involved working with couples, individuals, families, children and Young People on a range of issues including; separation, divorce, affairs, betrayals, trust, feeling unloved, unheard and misunderstood, anger, blaming and general communication problems.
For 25 years I worked in education. During this time I focused on developing systems and strategies to enable children and young people to develop their emotional and social skills.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
Each session lasts for 50 minutes. The fee is £50.
Fees for organisations and people will limited financial means can be negotiated.
Mileage charges will be applied for home visits.
I can provide counselling at your home and also offer counselling while walking on local routes. These are walks within the 50 minute time session or longer can be arranged.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evenings and daytimes
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|