- I am an accredited counsellor and have been working since 2004. I have considerable experience of helping people recover from a wide range of distressing problems including addictions, anxiety, depression, stress, excessive anger, and trauma.
- In addition to my counselling practice, I also provide supervision for counsellors who work from a humanistic perspective.
- I believe that the best way to help people to recover is to learn about the obstacles that prevent change and by utilising their own resources constructively. This means that I listen attentively to what the client would like to alter about their behaviour and suggest a variety of different techniques to enable them to make these changes. I believe that counselling is most effective when it is an open and active collaboration between the client and me.
- I am based in Durham and have a purpose built counselling room in my garden. Whilst I see the majority of clients at my office, I can also make home visits and provide sessions via SKYPE/Facetime. I also work from Jesmond Therapy Centre on Wednesdays.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am trained in several key approaches to counselling and psychotherapy. These include the following qualifications:
- MA in Counselling (Durham University) - completed in 2006.
- MSc in Psychology (Sunderland University) - completed in 2016.
- PGDiploma in Counselling (Durham University) - completed in 2004.
- PGDiploma in Human Givens Therapy (Nottingham Trent University - completed in 2010.
- Parts 1-4 in EMDR - completed between 2009 and 11 (EMDR Europe).
- Introduction to Solution-Focused Brief Therapy - completed in 2008 (BRIEF).
- Certificate in Counselling Supervision II - completed in 2008 (NCFE/Paradigm Campbell Associates).
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Drug addiction
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Initial consultation session - free.
- Counselling/supervision session - £40 per hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays to Thursdays, as well as evening availability during the week.