Lynda Britchford MNCS(Acc), AdDipPsyC
Are you looking for a safe space to talk with someone? Are you struggling with trauma, dissociation (losing time), feeling worried all the time?, feeling low and miserable? Are you having relationship difficulties? Or maybe you are feeling overwhelmed with life? I can help you. You can find out more by clicking on my website link above, or reading on...
I can help you improve how you feel about yourself, to feel more at ease, happier and confident. I can help you improve your relationships with others, and provide you with a safe, confidential space to explore your feelings and experiences. This can be long or short term dependent on your needs - there is no fixed rule, its about what you, as an individual, feel you need.
My private practice is based in Oxton, near Southwell. I offer confidential counselling to individuals.
I work with adults and teens over the age of 16. I work with people who are experiencing difficulties with..
- Low self confidence
- Sexual, Physical and Emotional abuse
- Relationship or family issues
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
The cost per appointment is £45 (one hour).
What can I offer you?
Trust, and integrity are very important to me, and I am strongly committed to offering my clients an honest, respectful, safe and confidential relationship in which to work together.
Beginning therapy can feel overwhelming and difficult, particularly if it is related to trauma. It can take time to feel safe and to build a trusting relationship in which you feel able to share things which you may not have spoken about before. I understand this, and commit to sitting with you in that space without the pressure of time limited therapy.
I recognise that as a client, its really important to feel that you connect with your therapist - I am able to offer you a free initial telephone conversation in which we can talk about why you are seeking therapy, and to decide whether you would like a face to face meeting.
What type of therapy I provide:
I use a humanistic model of therapy - predominantly from a person centred perspective. This focuses on the genuine psychological contact between me and you, the client, and my unconditional positive regard for you. Empathy for you, and a desire to understand your experience is core to the therapeutic process.
I am currently involved in further study, and am working towards qualification as a certified Transactional Analyst. Transactional Analysis is also a humanistic approach, strongly rooted in the principles of mutual respect, equality and the belief that all individuals have intrinsic value. (People are okay). TA also encompasses the belief that everyone has the capacity to think, and that while people decide their own destiny, these decisions can be changed. It provides a framework to understand how we develop into the people we are, and the shaping of our coping strategies and behaviour. Bringing these things into awareness enables change to occur, by working together therapeutically to achieve desired goals.
Training, qualifications & experience
* MNCS Acc - I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society.
* Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
* Zero Suicide Alliance, Suicide Prevention Training (Online)
* Transactional Analysis 101 certificate (Berne Institute)
* Foundation Certificate in Transactional Analysis (Berne Institute)
* I am also a qualified nurse and have a Diploma in Higher Education: Nursing. I have 30 years experience of working with people experiencing psychological distress and mental health difficulties.
* Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice (PODS)
* Dealing with Distress: Suicide and Self Harm (PODS)
* Making Trauma Therapy Safer - Babette Rothschild
*CBT and Counselling with Autism Spectrum Disorder Clients: A Masterclass with Professor Tony Attwood
* Certificate in working with Children and Young People - Berne Institute
* Certificate in Treating Trauma, Complex PTSD, and Dissociative Disorders (Kathy Steele)
* Transformational Approaches to Treating Complex Trauma (Janina Fisher)
* Advanced Training in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy (Towards Masters Degree) - Berne Institute
* As an accredited member of the National Counselling Society, I abide by their code of practice. I have regular supervision, and have appropriate professional insurance.
I am also a student member of UKATA (United Kingdom Association Transactional Analysis) and abide by their code of ethics.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I am able to work with adults and teens over the age of 15. I am experienced in supporting people who are experiencing..
Low self confidence, Depression, Anxiety, Sexual Abuse, Physical Abuse, Emotional abuse, and neglect. Relationship difficulties, Trauma, Dissociative problems, Asperger syndrome, and personality disorder.
I have a lot of experience in supporting people with mild learning disabilities and Asperger syndrome, who have experienced trauma, relationship difficulties and loss. (I am a qualified learning disability nurse).
I am a dissociation friendly therapist and have experience both personally and professionally, supporting individuals who experience dissociation and dissociative identities. I support people in a trauma informed way.
£45 per hour, via bank transfer.