Helen Graham - MBACP & UKCP Accredited Counsellor, P.G.Dip in Psychotherapy
The College Suite
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tyne And Wear
07933 709399 / 0191 417 9813
I am an experienced, accredited counsellor, qualified to help and support you with most issues. I work in Durham and Newcastle City Centre and Washington. Feel free to contact me on 07933 709399 to discuss your needs. I offer evening, weekend, early morning and daytime appointments.
I understand that everyone can go through difficult times in life and we all can benefit from support in handling these challenges. I can help by offering you a relaxed, safe and confidential therapeutic space to explore issues that may be troubling you in a caring, accepting and non-judgemental way.
In difficult situations I aim to help you to:
- Understand your problems, feelings, thoughts and actions more clearly.
- Clarify any confusion you may have
- Feel more control in your life
- Cope with your life more easily
- Approach life with a clearer mind
- Move forward with your life
If you don't see your issue on this profile, please contact me to discuss your needs.
Phone today for a consultation with no obligation for further sessions.
I offer a range of different psychological therapies to suit your needs: psychotherapy, counselling, mentoring and life coaching.
In addition to this, I provide training and supervision opportunities for counsellors/psychotherapists.
In Newcastle city centre, Saville Therapies is 5 mins walk from Northumberland Street and the Haymarket metro station. There is off the street parking.
I work in Central Durham just off Claypath and Pity Me, near the Arniston Centre (there is a car park round the back of the premises and is on a bus route from Chester-Le-Street),
In Washington, I have a base in Concord 5 mins walk from a bus station and there is free parking outside the premises.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified accredited UKCP Clinical Psychotherapeutic Counsellor and a registered member of the BACP. I have completed training on a Psychotherapeutic Counselling course accredited by the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, and have a Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy (equivalent to level 7) with Newman University. I have extensive experience working for counselling and mental health services including, GP Surgeries, mental health day centres, universities, colleges, counselling charities and in my own private practice- Counselling Talking Therapy.
My additional and specialist training includes work related stress, anxiety disorder, anger issues, bereavement, depression, low mood, relationship difficulties, loneliness and low confidence, mental health issues, Macmillan Cancer training, Armed Forces, domestic violence, and sexual violence and abuse. Please see my website for a more extensive list.
I have worked in the education sector for over 15 years, providing teaching and mentoring for young people.
I work as a specialist mentor and counsellor for students at a local university.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Affairs and betrayals
Separation and divorce
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
£45 individual session for counselling or psychotherapy 60 mins
£60 couples 60 mins
£50 Supervision 90 mins
£40 specialist mental health mentoring 60 mins
£40 life coaching 60 mins
Organisational training and EAP work-rates will vary
I offer short and long term counselling or psychotherapy appointments.
Counselling is for short term issues. I recommend a minimum of 6 weeks
* Helps people identify problems and crises and encourages them to take positive steps to resolve these issues.
* It is the best course of therapeutic treatment for anyone who already has an understanding of wellbeing, and who is also able to resolve problems.
* Counselling is a short-term process that encourages the change of behaviour.
Psychotherapy is often used for longstanding personal issues, drawing insight into deeper emotional difficulties and looks at the foundation of the problem- a minimum of 20 sessions. I teach skills to help you manage difficult emotions more effectively and help with psychological problems that have built up over the course of a long period of time.
I can support you in choosing the best course of therapy:
* Cognitive and behavioural therapies (focusing on the way people think and behave)
* Psychoanalytic therapies (looking at how past experiences affect the present)
* Humanistic therapies (with a focus on self-development and growth)
* Arts therapies (using the creative arts in a therapeutic way)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, Weekends, Evenings and Early Mornings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|