MA Clinical Counselling, Cert SF Practitioner (Acc.MBACP)
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am an accredited registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (Accred. MBACP) and have an MA in Clinical Counselling and am a Certified Solution Focused Practitioner.
Life is often hard and can challenge us in many ways.
You may be feeling anxious, lack confidence, be suffering loss or experiencing other significant change in your life. As a fully trained and experienced Person Centred Counsellor I offer you the environment to explore difficult emotions, gain a greater understanding of self and begin the process of healing and inner growth. Within a safe space you will be able to focus on your strengths, skills and talents already at work in your life and how these can positively affect your future.
As an Integrative Counsellor I draw on a range of techniques to support each client on their unique journey.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 2 Certificate Counselling Skills (ABC), 2012
- Level 3 Certificate Counselling Skills (ABC), 2012-13
- Postgraduate Diploma Clinical Counselling (University of Chester), 2013-2016
- MA Clinical Counselling (University of Chester), 2013-2016
- Level 3 Certificate, Solution focused Therapy, Distinction (IASTI), 2017
- Certified Solution Focused Practitioner (IASTI), 2017-18
- Level 3 Certificate, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Distinction (ABC Awards endorsed), 2017-18
- Level 3 Certificate, Drugs, Solvents and Alcohol Abuse Counselling, Distinction (ABC Awards endorsed), 2017-18
- Certificate for 100 hours voluntary work with NHS, 2016-17
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Understanding and Recognising Addiction
- Working with Solvent and Drug Abuse
- Understanding the Trauma of Being a Member of a High Demand Group
- Spirituality and LGBT people
- Transgender, Diversity and Equality Awareness
- Counselling Suicidal Clients
- Person-Centred Expressive Arts Therapy
- Integrating Artwork into Counselling
- Solution Focused Practitioner, Psychological Therapies Unit, Liverpool, 2017-18
- Person Centred Counsellor/Integrative Counsellor, Compass, Liverpool, 2014-2020
- Art/Creativity facilitator, The Brooker Centre, Halton Hospital, 2016-17
- Facilitator of miscarriage group "Sacred Space", 2018-2019
- Presentation of research “Ways in which women who have experienced a miscarriage acknowledge the life and death of their unborn child”, at the 23rd Annual BACP Conference, 2017
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 per session
£25 for our first introductory session (approximately 45 minutes). Payable by bank transfer prior to appointment or cash on the day.
£40 per session (60 minutes). Payable by bank transfer or cash.
When I work
Daytime and early evening. Please email for availability.