Ella Haselden, MA Clinical Counselling, Certified SF Practitioner (Accred.MBACP)
I am an accredited registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (Accred. MBACP) and have an MA in Clinical Counselling and am a Certified Solution Focused Practitioner.
Life is often hard and can challenge us in many ways.
You may be feeling anxious, lack confidence, be suffering loss or experiencing other significant change in your life. As a fully trained and experienced Person Centred Counsellor I offer you the environment to explore difficult emotions, gain a greater understanding of self and begin the process of healing and inner growth. Within a safe space you will be able to focus on your strengths, skills and talents already at work in your life and how these can positively affect your future.
As an Integrative Counsellor I draw on a range of techniques to support each client on their unique journey.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 2 Certificate Counselling Skills (ABC), 2012
- Level 3 Certificate Counselling Skills (ABC), 2012-13
- Postgraduate Diploma Clinical Counselling (University of Chester), 2013-2016
- MA Clinical Counselling (University of Chester), 2013-2016
- Level 3 Certificate, Solution focused Therapy, Distinction (IASTI), 2017
- Certified Solution Focused Practitioner (IASTI), 2017-18
- Level 3 Certificate, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Distinction (ABC Awards endorsed), 2017-18
- Level 3 Certificate, Drugs, Solvents and Alcohol Abuse Counselling, Distinction (ABC Awards endorsed), 2017-18
- Certificate for 100 hours voluntary work with NHS, 2016-17
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Understanding and Recognising Addiction
- Spirituality and LGBT people
- Transgender, Diversity and Equality Awareness
- Working with Solvent and Drug Abuse
- Counselling Suicidal Clients
- Person-Centred Expressive Arts Therapy
- Solution Focused Practitioner, Psychological Therapies Unit, Liverpool, 2017-18
- Person Centred Counsellor/Integrative Counsellor, Compass, Liverpool, 2014-present
- Art/Creativity facilitator, The Brooker Centre, Halton Hospital, 2016-17
- Presentation of research “Ways in which women who have experienced a miscarriage acknowledge the life and death of their unborn child”, at the 23rd Annual BACP Conference, 2017
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
£25 for our first introductory session (approximately 45 minutes).
£40 per session (60 minutes).
Sessions payable in cash or bank transfer at time of session.