David Gill - Counselling & Psychotherapy. BACP / NCS
As a qualified therapist, I am here first and foremost to listen to my clients. Once I know what story they have told themselves only then can we start to work together to unravel what is causing them distress. Memories are often unreliable narrators but they can help us to ascertain how we have programmed ourselves and only then can we seek to work out what course of action might be best to shift our thinking.
Therapy may develop your feeling skills; it might help you how to put invisible things into words, how to go deep and face things and to draw out our, “Undisciplined squads of emotion" T.S. Eliot, Four Quartets
Therapy can also be done through direct cognitive behaviour adjustments or by exploring our history of attachments or sometimes examining the games we play through our transactions with the significant others in our lives. Exploring our inner and outer worlds can be looked at through multiple lenses whether that be psychoanalysis, exercise, diet or simple breathing techniques.
I am an advocate of a 'whatever works' holistic approach to achieving better mental health.
I am registered with and work under the ethical codes and practises of the counselling and psychotherapy profession.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Practising therapist at WCC Waterloo Counselling since Feb 2019
- Practising therapist at CBH Centre For Better health - Hackney Counselling since July 2019
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Integrative Pathway) Level 4
- City Lit Certificate in Counselling Skills Level 3
- An Introduction to Psychoanalysis - The SITE for Contemporary Psychoanalysis
- Transactional Analysis TA - Diploma - Centre for Excellence
- How to do counselling online - Open University training course - certificate
- Introduction to Gestalt counselling - City Lit
- Understanding ADHD: Current Research and Practice King's College
- The Samaritans - SIT1 - Volunteer Support training course
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I work at a number of low-cost therapy centres in central London so I appreciate that finances can be a block to getting the help you might need. I never want money to be the reason you can't access my services so I always open to discuss low-cost options if you are experiencing financial hardship.