Clare Francis M.A. MBACP
Highway Counselling Practise
The Highway Practise
3rd Floor, Regal House
70 London Road
My work focuses on on relationship issues. I work with individuals, couples and families and all the issues that that includes, anxiety, separation, escalating rows, communication to name but a few. I am a professionally qualified and experienced therapist with a private practise in Twickenham and Staines. I have an Master of Arts degree in Relationship and Family Therapy in addition to my private practise I also work with Relate at several locations. Whether you are looking for help for yourself, your marriage, your children or your whole family, I can offer you confidential, professional help rooted in my experience and training. I can provide you with a safe, confidential space in which to talk about and explore the issues which are troubling you.
It may seem hard to find the right counsellor or therapist or even know quite what you are looking for. Please feel free to call or e-mail me with any questions you may have without any obligation at all. I'll be more than pleased to answer any queries you may have so you find what is right for you.
What people say about us:
"Many thanks I feel like me again. I would not hesitate to come back and see you again if I needed to" (Individual)
"I thought we were going to sit in silence for an hour but we both found having you there helped us to talk and more importantly listen to one another and once we started talking we couldn't stop!" (Couple)
"For all of us to sit down together and talk was amazing - I cant remember the last time we did. We would so recommend you to our friends." (Family)
When we first meet:
During our initial consultation we will discuss the reasons you are seeking help and you will have the chance to ask any questions about what happens in therapy and express any worries or concerns you may have. This first meeting also gives us the opportunity to think about working together, we will also go through the frequency and length of time that you will see us for.
How can counselling help?
Sometime it is hard to manage the feelings that you have and talking things through with a therapist can be truly liberating. Sometimes admitting that you are finding things too much gives you what you need to seek help and start to address what is bothering you. We look together to develop your autonomy and if you are in a relationship at rekindling respect and trust of each other.
Training, qualifications & experience
I work as an integrative counsellor which means that I draw on different theories and techniques to inform my practise.
I hold a B.Sc (Hons) in Psychology and a Master of Arts degree in Family and Relationship Therapy.
I have completed several Professional Development Courses including On-Line therapy, Young People Counselling through Youth Access (a post graduate course), Couples and Affairs, and Experiencing Loss. Mental Health Issues, Attachment Issues and Transactional Analysis.I have a special interest in working with relationships of all sorts including couples, young people and family therapy and have worked with Relate for several years.
I am a member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (MBACP) and abide by their code of ethics and good practise.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Child related issues
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Young People Counselling. We currently work with Young People aged between 8 and 18 and together we look at the issues they are dealing with from their parents separating to behaviour issues, self harm, school refusers - we work at their pace to improve their lives. The work is confidential and the young people decide if they would like a parent present in the sessions.
- Post IVF Counselling. There are often relationship issues which arise from an unsuccessful IVF treatment and couples often do not realize until too late the issues that they are facing because of IVF - we look at these issues together and resolve a lot of the unspoken issues of loss and gender differences which the relationship faces because of this.
- Family Therapy. Sometimes we need to be able to address issues which when the family tries to do it on its own causes arguments and there is no resolution the situation just seems to get harder - we can help create a safe space for you to come as a family and talk about what is bothering you - it may be you are a blended family, it maybe one of you just is not getting and your arguments are escalating and causing increasing distress for you all. Whatever it is counselling can give you another way of looking at things and a safe place to discuss what is bothering you.
Photos & videos
There is a one off fee for your first session with us. Sometimes a single session is enough to help you decide what you want to do and you may feel that this session is enough to set you on the right path for you.
Initial session: Between £60 and £100.00
We can offer Ad Hoc Counselling for existing clients which is charged at the Initial Session rate and is subject to availability
We accept personal cheque, cash or bank transfer..
What do I specialize in?
I work with couples, families and young people focusing on their relationships and how to improve them. I look at patterns and systems that affect our life and how we can change them. Its not about changing us its about changing our behaviour.
I also work with individuals and where life coaching is appropriate this means allowing you to consider changes in your life - what would be helpful to you and how could you best achieve it.
What about where I work?
I am very excited to announce that as from January 2015 I have added another location to the Highway Counselling Practise. I now can see people either in Twickenham on the 3rd Floor of Regal House and is right next to Twickenham Train Station or in Staines Upon Thames at Centurion House near the Crooked Billet Roundabout.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Just call or email me whichever is easier. I offer appointments at various times every day, at both locations, so let me know when is best for you and I will try and see you then.
Types of client