Bill Sullivan. Bsc (Hons), PgDip, Adv Dip. Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist
I am a senior, fully qualified and accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist based in Bushey. I offer a warm, understanding, confidential and non-judgemental environment in which we can work together. This will enable you to achieve positive change and to gain the confidence and skills to cope effectively with life’s challenges as they arise, both now and in the future.
I have over 20 years experience working with clients aged from 16 to mid 90's from all walks of life. I specialise in offering treatment to individuals who have difficulties with anxiety, depression, low self-esteem and stress, as well as addictions and other conditions listed below. I also treat couples who may be experiencing difficulties in their relationship.
I have worked in the NHS since the 1990’s during which I undertook dual training in both physical and mental health settings. This enabled me to gain in-depth experience of working with the full range of psychological and psychiatric conditions in both hospital and out-patient settings, as well as experience of physical conditions whilst working in a variety of medical settings such as neurology, rheumatology and medical-surgery.
My main therapeutic approach is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), although where appropriate I also integrate other approaches such as Mindfulness, Solution Focused Therapy, and Occupational Therapy. Additionally, I use CBT Plus (CBT+) an approach which gains very positive results, this combines CBT, DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy), ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) and CFT (Compassion Focussed Therapy).I have extensive experience in assessing and treating the full range of psychological conditions including the following:
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety (including shyness and blushing)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Performance anxiety (including exam stress, public speaking and interviews)
- Low Self-Esteem / low confidence
- Interpersonal Difficulties
- Specific Phobias
- Work Stress
- Health Anxiety
- Physical illness, long term conditions and disability
- Panic disorder.
- Family issues
- Relationship issues
- Separation and divorce
- Affairs and infidelity
- Sexuality issues
- Work related stress
- Adjustment Disorder
- Mood Instability
- Couples Therapy: This type of couple therapy (BCT) is proving increasingly effective, with benefits being seen in both the mood of the individuals and the strength of their relationship.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Fully accredited member of BABCP (British Association of Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies).
- HCPC (Health & Care Professions Council) registered.
- Fully insured as Registered Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy. Royal Holloway, University of London.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (IAPT). Royal Holloway, University of London.
- Post Qualification Certificate in Behavioural Couples Therapy, Royal Holloway, University of London.
- Advanced Diploma in Dynamics of Mental Health Practice. Tavistock & Middlesex University.
- Bsc (Hons) Occupational Therapy. Brunel University.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Drug abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Individual Therapy - £70 per session.
Couples Therapy - £95 per session.
It is completely natural to have some initial concerns before beginning a course of therapy. A first session - or assessment session - is an opportunity for you to decide if you think I can help you with your particular problem(s). It is important that you feel comfortable and happy to work with your therapist and there is absolutely no obligation to commit to any further sessions after our first meeting.
If you have any questions, are unsure about beginning therapy or you would like to book an appointment, please call or email in total confidence.
Based in Bushey, I see clients from Watford, Radlett, Stanmore, Harrow, Rickmansworth, Chorleywood, St Albans, Kings Langley, Abbotts Langley, Pinner and from across Hertfordshire and North West London.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client