Alison Hollingshead PgDip, BSc(Hons). MBACP Psychotherapist and Supervisor
Welcome to my page. I’m an MBACP registered Counsellor, Psychotherapist and Supervisor specialising in anxiety, self-belief, and relationships.
- Do you often put yourself down and find it hard to show yourself compassion? Do you have high expectations and often don’t feel good enough?
- Do you experience anxious and overwhelming feelings, or think the worst is going to happen? Does this hold you back?
- Would you like your relationships to feel more fulfilling? Would you like to communicate your feelings more assertively?
- Were your emotional needs unmet as a child and you continue to feel this way as an adult? You feel unheard, unloved, guilty, or ashamed.
I work with people aged 16+ providing a blend of coaching, counselling and psychotherapy depending on your aims and requirements. This style of person-centred therapy helps you to develop a better understanding of yourself so that you can feel more comfortable and confident within yourself.
I also provide family wellbeing services and courses for children and teens.
Counselling changed the course of my life and has done so for many others too. It takes courage to ask for support and I will do all I can to make your experience comfortable and beneficial.
I specialise in helping people to:
· believe in themselves
· feel more resilient and able to cope
· form healthier relationships.
Counselling and Psychotherapy can offer you a safe and accepting place for you to share thoughts, feelings and emotions in a way that you may be unable to do -for any reason- with friends and family. I welcome you to explore whatever is troubling you, so that you can find a more comfortable way of being.
You are in the right place if you would like to:
· have a safe and accepting place to share your story
· have more clarity
· feel more confident
· be more comfortable in your relationships
· achieve your personal goals
. talk about difficult experiences
My promise to you:-
- I will accept you and your experiences unconditionally and without judgement.
- I will be genuine, honest and transparent in the hope that you feel comfortable sharing your experience.
- I will listen deeply to you, so you know that I hear your experience.
Most of us experience psychological distress as some point in our lives. Our experiences impact on us in a variety of ways, and we can often build up difficult feelings such as anger, anxiety or low mood. As our experiences are so individual, our aims in counselling are also different. I welcome anyone, so please get in touch.
I offer a free, no obligation, 20 minute appointment to give us both the opportunity to see if we are comfortable working together, as it is important that you feel comfortable with your therapist. In this session you have the opportunity to share your reasons for accessing counselling and ask any questions you may have.
With the nurturing and therapeutic space that I provide, we can work together through any issues to reach a more manageable place for you.
If you'd like to learn more about me, or join me on my mission to improve self belief, please visit my websites or follow me on social media.
I am founder of a parental group offering tips, resources and support to parents who would like to boost self-confidence in their children. Join us here https://www.facebook.com/groups/selfbelief
Training, qualifications & experience
Post Graduate Diploma (Level 7) Counselling and Psychotherapy (2013)
Certificate 1 & 3 Counselling
BSc (Hons) Psychology (2005)
Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling (ACTO and BACP approved)
Diploma in Life Coaching
MIP Certificate in Supervision
- Treating Intrusive Thoughts and the Critical Voice
- Counselling with Children and Young People
- Bereavement and Loss
- Mental Health Awareness
- Trauma and Abuse
- Building Resilient Families
- Gender, Sex and Sexuality
- Working with Suicide and Suicide Awareness
- Equality and Diversity
- Congruence in Person Centred Counselling
- Safeguarding Children and Adults (Level 3)
- Wellbeing at Work
- First Aid for babies, children and adults
I have 18 years experience working in the mental health field within a variety of settings including:-
- Private Care Sector
- Older people’s mental health (Private and NHS)
- Physical disability (NHS and Private)
- Learning Disability (NHS)
- Primary Care Mental Health (NHS)
- Secondary Care Mental Health (NHS)
- Adult Mental Health Carers (3rd Sector)
- Rape and Sexual Abuse Counselling (3rd Sector)
- Mental Health in the Community (3rd Sector)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Free initial online session
Concessions offered for
I offer a free, 20 minute, no obligation initial assessment (online/phone) -This gives us both the opportunity to see if we could work together. It is important that you get the right therapy for you, and we feel comfortable working together.
Individuals - £50 per 50 minute session
10% off concessions available for counsellors in training
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
I am a Registered Member of the BACP which means that I agree to adhere to their ethical framework, I attend professional supervision on a monthly basis, hold indemnity insurance, have a clear and enhanced DBS, and regularly attend appropriate professional training.