Ali Harris, MBACP, Ali Harris Therapy
What I offer
I offer compassionate, collaborative counselling in a comfortable, contemporary setting, where you will be met by me with warmth, empathy, professionalism, good humour and absolutely no psycho-babble.
I love my work as a counsellor, it feels like a genuine privilege to help people empower themselves. I very much look forward to supporting you & your goals for counselling as you explore, process & manage your difficult feelings & experiences, working to release yourself from the emotional difficulties that have been holding you back, so you can live a happier, more satisfying life.
What can counselling do?
Counselling cannot change the past, & it cannot directly alter the present, but I've found that what it can do, given the chance, is help you to feel differently about yourself - past, present & future, which in turn allows you to develop the ability to make lasting, positive life changes.
Counselling can help you to bring about emotional change - it can help you to build emotional resilience, calm your anxieties, help you manage your difficult feelings and allow you to feel more in control of your life.
Who I work with
I work with people over the age of 18, no matter their gender, background, sexuality, race, size, ability or religion.
You are not alone
It's so hard to struggle with mental health issues - it can feel lonely and isolating...but you're here, looking for help, which means you've done the hardest part - you've admitted to yourself that you need and deserve help.
I warmly invite you to drop me a message now, so that you can tell me about what has been troubling you, what changes you want to see in yourself and your life, and prepare to take the first steps towards making those changes a reality.
And once we've had that chat over messaging, perhaps you'd like to book a free initial consultation with me, so you can find out first hand if I'm someone you feel safe talking to and working with therapeutically.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Counselling Experience
- I spent a year working as a volunteer counsellor for The Road Victims Trust, supporting people who had experienced trauma associated with road traffic collisions.
- I have worked and volunteered at The Counselling Foundation for the last eight years and I still see Foundation clients, conducting assessments and doing counselling work that is short term (6-8 weeks,) mid-term (20 weeks) and long-term (open-ended,) at the St Albans and Luton centres.
- I regularly attend training seminars and CPD talks to keep my skills up to date.
- BA in English and Comparative Literature from Goldsmith’s University of London.
- Certificate in Psychodynamic Counselling from the University of Hertfordshire
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling from the Counselling Foundation, St Albans.
- Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling from the Counselling Foundation, St Albans.
- I am currently training with the Institute of Family Therapy in London on a course run for Relate in Systemic & Psychodynamic Approaches to Couples Counselling.
My Accreditations & Licenses
- I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I abide by their code of ethics.
- I am currently working towards BACP accreditation.
- I have an enhanced DBS.
- I have the requisite professional indemnity insurance.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
My sessions are weekly, last 50 minutes and cost £50 per session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
- I always make time every week to meet with people for a free 20 minute consultation (online or in person.)
- I have some week day & evening appointments available inc Saturday afternoons.
Types of client