Know that what ever you bring is never too trivial for counselling. My way of working will focus on your emotional and relational needs whatever they maybe. To find out if I am the right therapist for you a free 30 minute video consultation is on offer.
Counselling is an opportunity for you to explore your thoughts, feelings and any patterns of behaviours. Having a better understanding of yourself and your experiences can strengthen and improve your relationships, including the relationship you have with your self.
Within any relationship not feeling understood can create a sense of feeling unheard and isolated. I am dedicated to developing and sustaining a real and healthy therapeutic relationship, built on mutuality, honesty and security, so that you feel heard, valued and understood- enabling us to work collaboratively and effectively whilst attending to your needs. Promoting self discovery, self care and a more fulfilling way of being.
I offer emotional and practical support, working alongside individuals, couples and families. Fully invested in my role as a counsellor I undergo continuous training, both professional and personal development, ensuring I offer you best practice with current, safe and effective therapy. As a Counsellor, Youth Mental Health Instructor, Sexual Violence Advisor, I have a special interest in the way that sexual behaviours can impact on you and your life.
If you have any questions about my practice then please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications include;
- Certified Youth Awareness Mental Health Instructor- Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families.
- University of Central Lancashire- Masters in Psychology (Conversion) (ongoing).
- The Survivors Trust – Independent Sexual violence Advisor Training, Level 4 Diploma.
- University of Derby - BSc (Hons) in Person Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Edge Hill University – Foundation Degree in Person Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Preston’s College – Diploma in Person Centred Counselling, level 3.
- Preston’s College – Certificate in Counselling Skills level 2.
- Preston’s College – Certificate in Mental Health Awareness level 1&2 (Including understanding stress, Anxiety and Depression)
- ASIST- Suicide First Aid
- Certificate; Phobia and Trauma Technique- Rewind Technique.
- Certificate; Skills in Couples and Relationship Counselling.
- Certificate; Transactional Analysis 101.
- Certificate; Children and Young Peoples Mental Health Awareness.
- Certificate; Harm-ed Self Harm Awareness Training and Consultancy.
- Sexual trauma work shop.
- Certificate; Sexual Health, Blood Born Viruses and HIV Awareness.
- Trauma, the Brain and Recovery.
- Needle Exchange and Harm Reduction.
- The impact of Sexual violence, Understanding Sexual Assault, Language, Needs and Myths.
- The Impact of Childhood Abuse.
- Helpline training and Active Listening.
- Neuroscience and Trauma.
- Supervision and Self Care.
- Trauma symptoms.
- Self-Harm Reduction.
- Transgender Training; LGBT Training.
- Making Every Contact Count.
- Safe Guarding Adults.
- Safe Guarding Children and Young People.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Free 30 minute consultation
I offer discounts on block bookings.
Offering online counselling only- working effectively via Zoom/FaceTime/WhatsApp and Telephone sessions.