Aisha Otaru -BSc Counselling and Psychotherapy- Registered MBACP
Adapting the way I work to suit your needs I will meet you with professionalism and without judgment- no issue you bring is too trivial for counselling. I am approachable and to ensure we work well together I offer a 30 minute free consultation.
Should you decide to work with me, I will provide you with a confidential and safe setting in which our counselling sessions will take place, a space for you to explore your thoughts, feelings and behaviours, on the way to gaining a better understanding of yourself and your experiences, strengthening and improving your relationships, including the relationship you have with your self.
Within any relationship not feeling understood can create a sense of feeling unheard and isolated. I am dedicated to developing and sustaining a real and healthy therapeutic relationship, built on respect, honesty and security, working towards you feeling heard and understood- enabling us to work effectively whilst attending to your needs, promoting self care and positive wellbeing.
I offer emotional and practical support to individuals/couples/families. As a counsellor, youth mental health instructor, sexual violence advisor, I have a special interest in the way that sexual behaviours can impact on you and your life.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications include;
- Certified Youth Awareness Mental Health Instructor- Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families.
- University of Central Lancashire- Masters in Psychology (Conversion) (ongoing).
- The Survivors Trust – Independent Sexual violence Advisor Training, Level 4 Diploma (ongoing).
- University of Derby - BSc (Hons) in Person Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Edge Hill University – Foundation Degree in Person Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Preston’s College – Diploma in Person Centred Counselling, level 3.
- Preston’s College – Certificate in Counselling Skills level 2.
- Preston’s College – Certificate in Mental Health Awareness level 1&2 (Including understanding stress, Anxiety and Depression)
- Certificate; Phobia and Trauma Technique- Rewind Technique.
- Certificate; Skills in Couples and Relationship Counselling.
- Certificate; Transactional Analysis 101.
- Certificate; Children and Young Peoples Mental Health Awareness.
- Certificate; Harm-ed Self Harm Awareness Training and Consultancy.
- Sexual trauma work shop.
- Certificate; Sexual Health, Blood Born Viruses and HIV Awareness.
- Trauma, the Brain and Recovery.
- Needle Exchange and Harm Reduction.
- The impact of Sexual violence, Understanding Sexual Assault, Language, Needs and Myths.
- The Impact of Childhood Abuse.
- Helpline training and Active Listening.
- Neuroscience and Trauma.
- Supervision and Self Care.
- Trauma symptoms.
- Self-Harm Reduction.
- Transgender Training; LGBT Training.
- Making Every Contact Count.
- Safe Guarding Adults.
- Safe Guarding Children and Young People.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
One to one counselling £40 per session
Mediation £50 per session
It is important that you feel we can work well together, therefore I offer a 30min free consultation.
If you have any questions about my practice then please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday- Saturday, evening session also available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|