Hello I’m Aisha.
I am an experienced counsellor who will offer you a non-judgmental, confidential and safe setting in which our counselling sessions will take place. You may choose to use your counselling sessions to explore parts of yourself that may be feeling lost, frustrated, sad, confused or anxious, on the way to gaining a deeper sense of self. You may find counselling to be confusing and overwhelming at times, however, I will be there alongside you in a therapeutic relationship which is based on respect and safety.
We will work together with your present as well as your past, as current life events may be impacting on your wellbeing. I am aware how the past can very much live in the present, influencing your thoughts, emotions and behaviours, which may lead to personal conflict. My passion and drive for counselling comes from seeing people grow, becoming more trusting and compassionate for themselves, and resolving some of their internal conflicts.
My experience as a counsellor has taught me that no two client experiences are the same and therefore, I will endeavour to meet each client’s individual needs in a person centred way. You may not know this yet but you are the expert, and together we can work towards gaining a better understanding of your experiences, and may be resolve some of your personal conflicts. Whatever your issues may be, if you want a safe and non-judgmental space to fully explore some of your concerns, then please do contact me for your free 30 min initial session.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications include;
- University of Central Lancashire- Masters in Psychology (Conversion) (ongoing).
- The Survivors Trust – Independent Sexual violence Advisor Training, Level 4 Diploma (ongoing).
- University of Derby - BSc (Hons) in Person Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Edge Hill University – Foundation Degree in Person Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Preston’s College – Diploma in Person Centred Counselling, level 3.
- Preston’s College – Certificate in Counselling Skills level 2.
- Preston’s College – Certificate in Mental Health Awareness level 1&2 (Including understanding stress, Anxiety and Depression).
- Certificate; Transactional analysis 101.
- Certificate; Children and Young Peoples Mental Health Awareness.
- Certificate; Harm-ed Self Harm Awareness Training and Consultancy.
- Sexual trauma work shop.
- Certificate; Sexual Health, Blood Born Viruses and HIV Awareness.
- Needle Exchange and Harm Reduction.
- The impact of Sexual violence, Understanding Sexual Assault, Language, Needs and Myths.
- The Impact of Childhood Abuse.
- Helpline training and Active Listening.
- Neuroscience and Trauma.
- Supervision and Self Care.
- Trauma symptoms.
- Self-Harm Reduction.
- Transgender Training; LGBT Training.
- Making Every Contact Count.
- Safe Guarding Adults.
- Safe Guarding Children and Young People.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Individual Counselling £40 per session
Mediation £60 per session
I am experienced working with, relationship break downs (one to one and mediation setting), addiction, self-harm, anger issues, loss of trust, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, trauma and PTSD, sexuality and identity issues, bereavement, and loss of self.
I have a special interest working alongside victims and survivors of sexual violence, from age 4 to adulthood, as a counsellor, pre-trial counsellor and an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor. Such experience has enabled me to better understand and work with the issues and impact this has on the lives of individuals, and their families. I am also aware of the stigma that still exists today concerning sexual harm which may validate some of those feelings of self-blame, shame, anger and guilt.
If you have any questions about my practice then please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 9am - 3pm 6pm - 9pm Tuesday 9am - 2pm 5pm - 9pm Wednesday 9am - 2pm 5pm - 9pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|