Aisha Otaru -BSc Counselling and Psychotherapy- Registered MBACP
Adapting the way I work to suit your needs I will meet you with professionalism and without judgment- no issue you bring is too ‘trivial’ for counselling. I am approachable and to ensure we work well together I offer a 30 minute free consultation.
Should you decide to work with me, I will provide you with a confidential and safe setting in which our counselling sessions will take place, a space for you to explore your thoughts, feelings and behaviours, on the way to gaining a better understanding of yourself and your experiences, strengthening and improving your relationships, including the relationship you have with your self.
Within any relationship not feeling understood can create a sense of feeling unheard and isolated. I am dedicated to developing and sustaining a real and healthy therapeutic relationship, built on respect, honesty and security, working towards you feeling heard and understood- enabling us to work effectively whilst attending to your needs, promoting self care and positive wellbeing.
I offer emotional and practical support to all ages, working alongside individuals, couples and families. Fully invested in my role as a counsellor I undergo continuous training, both professional and personal development, ensuring I offer you best practice with current and effective therapy. As a Counsellor, Youth Mental Health Instructor, Sexual Violence Advisor, I have a special interest in the way that sexual behaviours can impact on you and your life.
If you have any questions about my practice then please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications include;
- Certified Youth Awareness Mental Health Instructor- Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families.
- University of Central Lancashire- Masters in Psychology (Conversion) (ongoing).
- The Survivors Trust – Independent Sexual violence Advisor Training, Level 4 Diploma (ongoing).
- University of Derby - BSc (Hons) in Person Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Edge Hill University – Foundation Degree in Person Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Preston’s College – Diploma in Person Centred Counselling, level 3.
- Preston’s College – Certificate in Counselling Skills level 2.
- Preston’s College – Certificate in Mental Health Awareness level 1&2 (Including understanding stress, Anxiety and Depression)
- Certificate; Phobia and Trauma Technique- Rewind Technique.
- Certificate; Skills in Couples and Relationship Counselling.
- Certificate; Transactional Analysis 101.
- Certificate; Children and Young Peoples Mental Health Awareness.
- Certificate; Harm-ed Self Harm Awareness Training and Consultancy.
- Sexual trauma work shop.
- Certificate; Sexual Health, Blood Born Viruses and HIV Awareness.
- Trauma, the Brain and Recovery.
- Needle Exchange and Harm Reduction.
- The impact of Sexual violence, Understanding Sexual Assault, Language, Needs and Myths.
- The Impact of Childhood Abuse.
- Helpline training and Active Listening.
- Neuroscience and Trauma.
- Supervision and Self Care.
- Trauma symptoms.
- Self-Harm Reduction.
- Transgender Training; LGBT Training.
- Making Every Contact Count.
- Safe Guarding Adults.
- Safe Guarding Children and Young People.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Photos & videos
£40-£50 per session
I offer a sliding scale and discounts on block bookings.
With anxiety provoking times ahead due to the current COVID-19 situation, I endeavour to remain accessible, where possible, by offering telephone and online sessions, such as Zoom/FaceTime, in addition to providing affordable therapy- offering a sliding scale payment system.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday- Saturday, evening session also available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|