Aisha Otaru -BSc Counselling and Psychotherapy- Registered MBACP
Identifying how or what we are feeling, or why we feel a certain way can be challenging, and there are times when we know exactly what the issues is, although knowing where to start in resolving some of those issues can prove difficult and overwhelming. I will provide you with a confidential and safe setting in which our counselling sessions will take place, a space for you to explore your thoughts, feelings and behaviours, on the way to gaining a better understanding of yourself and your experiences.
Experiences influence how we perceive the world which can impact on our relationships, including the relationship you have with yourself. Within any relationship not feeling understood can create a sense of feeling unheard and isolated. I am a person centred counsellor, dedicated to developing and sustaining a real and healthy therapeutic relationship, built on respect, honesty and security, enabling us to work together so that you can resolve some of your concerns. I will meet each of you with professionalism and without judgment. No issue you bring is too small or too big.
My passion and drive for counselling comes from seeing people grow, becoming more trusting and compassionate for themselves, promoting self-care and positive wellbeing. I have worked alongside clients with issues ranging from depression, anxiety, bereavement and loss, suicide ideation, HIV, anger issues, addiction and relationship issues as individuals, couples and families. As a counsellor, pre-trial counsellor and an independent sexual violence advisor, I have a special interest in the way that sexual behaviours can impact on you and your life.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications include;
- University of Central Lancashire- Masters in Psychology (Conversion) (ongoing).
- The Survivors Trust – Independent Sexual violence Advisor Training, Level 4 Diploma (ongoing).
- University of Derby - BSc (Hons) in Person Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Edge Hill University – Foundation Degree in Person Centred Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Preston’s College – Diploma in Person Centred Counselling, level 3.
- Preston’s College – Certificate in Counselling Skills level 2.
- Preston’s College – Certificate in Mental Health Awareness level 1&2 (Including understanding stress, Anxiety and Depression).
- Certificate; Transactional analysis 101.
- Certificate; Children and Young Peoples Mental Health Awareness.
- Certificate; Harm-ed Self Harm Awareness Training and Consultancy.
- Sexual trauma work shop.
- Certificate; Sexual Health, Blood Born Viruses and HIV Awareness.
- Needle Exchange and Harm Reduction.
- The impact of Sexual violence, Understanding Sexual Assault, Language, Needs and Myths.
- The Impact of Childhood Abuse.
- Helpline training and Active Listening.
- Neuroscience and Trauma.
- Supervision and Self Care.
- Trauma symptoms.
- Self-Harm Reduction.
- Transgender Training; LGBT Training.
- Making Every Contact Count.
- Safe Guarding Adults.
- Safe Guarding Children and Young People.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
One to one counselling £40 per session
Mediation £50 per session
It is important that you feel we can work well together, therefore I offer a 30min free consultation.
If you have any questions about my practice then please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 9am - 3pm 6pm - 9pm Tuesday 9am - 2pm 5pm - 9pm Wednesday 9am - 2pm 5pm - 9pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|