'Psychotherapy for Soul' with David England
Psychotherapy for Soul
“I am a constantly evolving human being.” (Client, quoted with permission)
A client reached this realisation after several months of Psychotherapy for Soul.
His words succinctly summarise what Psychotherapy for Soul is about:
- Evolving as a human being.
- Expanding our Soul – Expanding our lived experience of being who we are.
- Experiencing a life ever more fruitful, more abundant, more meaningful, more fulfilled, and with more vitality.
Healing Past Traumas
A diminishing of Soul begins in childhood:
- Some of us are traumatised by acts of violence against us.
- Many of us suffer the omission of the empathic care and attention we need, and we may even feel untouched by love.
- Even the best of those who care for us have lapses, moments of inattention, times of sadness, grief, pain, sickness, anger, or preoccupation – just being human. With an infant’s finely tuned sensibility – an infant for whom the only time is now – each lapse is a wound to Soul.
The impact of such traumas, the wounding and diminishing of Soul, carries over into adulthood. Then, we may suffer anxiety, panic attacks, sadness, depression, low self-confidence or self-esteem or self-worth, troubled relationships, whatever diminishes our lived experience of being who we are.
Psychotherapy for Soul is about healing such childhood traumas and restoring Soul, to help us find the path towards a more vital, fruitful, abundant, meaningful, and fulfilled life.
Visioning the Future
Psychotherapy for Soul is equally about the future. There are times when we begin to feel there must be more in life than we are experiencing, more joy, love, fulfilment, the realisation of whom we truly are.
Psychotherapy for Soul can be exciting, enriching and transforming – a catalyst for profound change in our experience of being alive :
- By growing as a person and finding qualities in ourselves we didn’t know were there.
- By discovering and realising our potentiality more and more.
- By gaining insight into our unique purpose, the meaning of our life, and the values which inform and inspire it.
Our life can be a journey of self-realisation and joy, ever more vital, fruitful, abundant, meaningful, and fulfilled.
My Psychotherapy Practice
At the heart of psychotherapy is the personal, professional, confidential, therapeutic relationship between client and therapist. My role is provide a safe environment in which you can explore your life experience and the issues which trouble you. During regular individual 50-minute sessions, we work together on whatever issues you choose to explore.
I have practiced as a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist for 20 years, having trained at The Institute of Psychosynthesis, London. During the last six years, I have studied the ancient healing practice of Shamanism, having trained at Eagle’s Wing College of Contemporary Shamanism.
I have now written a book ‘Soulfulness’ in which I describe how a contemporary form of Shamanism can be integrated into a mainstream psychotherapy practice like mine. From this work, I have developed Psychotherapy for Soul, incorporating a wealth of Shamanic thought and practice:
- Shamanic Psychology: The profound wisdom embodied in the Medicine Wheel – the wheel of health and wholeness – which illuminates many aspects of human existence and human frailty.
- Shamanic Practice: Once widespread, these are empathic, gentle, and relaxed techniques serving the restoring and expanding of Soul.
Couple counselling can help by providing time away from home in a neutral, welcoming and safe environment, where you, the couple, can explore your difficulties, and where you can be helped to clarify how you think, feel and act in your relationship.
For couple counselling, psychotherapists David England and a colleague work as a team. One of the couple has individual psychotherapy with David and the other has individual psychotherapy with his colleague. About every four weeks we come together for a ninety minute couple counselling session, attended by the couple and by the two therapists. The four of us explore together the issues which are challenging the relationship between you.
Training, qualifications & experience
MA (Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy), Diploma in Psychotherapy, Diploma in Counselling, Accredited Psychotherapist with UK Council for Psychotherapy.
I have twenty years post-graduate experience. I trained as a counsellor and psychotherapist at The Institute of Psychosynthesis, London. I qualified as a counsellor in 1996. I qualified as a psychotherapist in 1998.
I began seeing clients in Maidenhead, initially as a trainee, in 1994 and have continued in practice to the present day. I worked as a course tutor at The Institute of Psychosynthesis from 2005 to 2012.
Between 2011 and 2013 I undertook a Practitioner Training at the Eagle’s Wing College of Contemporary Shamanism.
I am author of a book 'Soulfulness : The Marriage of Shamanic and Contemporary Psychology' shortly to be published by Karnac Books. Also, I am co-author of Berkshire Folk Tales and Lancashire Folk Tales, and a professional storyteller working both with adults and children.
I am a member of the Association for Psychospiritual Practitioners. I am also a member of Equity and the Society for Storytelling..
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Spiritual Emergence and Spiritual Emergency. Shamanic Soul Retrieval. Soulfulness.
My standard fee is £65 per 50-minute session, reviewed annually. However, I am willing to set a session fee based on what the client can realistically afford as a priority expense, be it less or more than my standard fee.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My regular appointments are afternoons and evenings on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, and at other times by arrangement.
Types of client