Xanthia Hamer - Dragonfly Counselling
A professionally qualified private counsellor working within Bolton, with clients such as Canon Slade school and Sixth Form. Providing counselling for individuals (both adults and children) seeking support with problems such as; anxiety, depression, bereavement, trauma, loss, relationship difficulties, stress and more. Using various counselling methods such as person-centred therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy and trauma therapy, Xanthia can tailor the sessions to meet your needs.
The difficulties facing young people today are enormous and many young people suffer with anxiety, depression, low self-esteem and stress. Counselling provides them with a place to offload and learn positive coping strategies to manage the problems they face and work through emotional distress. Examples of these difficulties are:
- Low self-esteem
- Self harm
- Depression/low mood
Training, qualifications & experience
A qualified accredited counsellor with the ACC. Holding a diploma in therapeutic counselling along with training in CBT and trauma therapy. Experience working in various settings, with adults and children as young as 13. CRB checked. Member of the ACC.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
Photos & videos
- Free 30 minute introductory session to see if counselling is for you
- Sessions lasting 1 hour cost £30 or 90 minutes for £40
- Daytime and evening appointments available
- Price reductions available for students or other extenuating circumstances upon request.
The professional counselling service is held at Claremont House Bolton, with parking available. Appointments can be booked in daytime and evenings to meet your needs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|