The Counselling & Psychotherapy Centre, Swindon
23 Bath Road
01793 514550 / 07808 776150
For people seeking a therapist
The Therapists at The Centre can usually offer an appointment within a day or two. Many offer types of therapy not available through the NHS. We have therapists who specialise in working with children, adolescence, adults, couples, families and older people. On our website, www.tcpc-swindon.co.uk, you will find a comprehensive list of issues covered as well as a full profile page on each therapist describing their practice in more detail.
Therapists go through a selection procedure to join The Centre. This vetting process requires each one to meet The Centre standards and ensures they are in good standing within their profession.
You will see that some of our therapists are featured in this directory.
For therapists seeking a consulting room
To join us visit: www.tcpc-swindon.co.uk
- Beautiful, professional rooms for counselling, supervision, training, alternative therapies and meetings in a stunning Victorian Villa in Old Town, Swindon, SN1 4AS.
- Separate intercom access to each room.
- Advertising for your practice on our high-listed, search engine-optimised website and in the press under our banner.
- Networking and cross-referring with like-minded, well-established therapists.
- We also offer support and mentoring to get you started or help you develop your practice.
- Current fees £8/50 minute hour ad hoc and £7/hr for block bookings.
- CPD workshops often at reduced rates for Centre therapists.
Find the application form on the “Join Us” website page or contact
23 Bath Road, Swindon, Wiltshire SN4 0QW
Training, qualifications & experience
Christine Fishlock, my co-director and myself have 50 years of experience between us in the counselling and personal development fields. We understand the environment a therapist needs to provide a secure base for their therapeutic work with clients and aim to provide it. We are both qualified, practising therapists offering Counselling, Psychotherapy, Supervision and Training.
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling we deal with
Our Centre therapists cover a wide range of issues and offer services to adults, couples, families, young people and children. Some of our therapists offer online or telephone counselling.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Current fees are £8 per 50 minute hour for one off bookings and £7 for block bookings.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||We have a therapist who offers sign language as part of her service.|
The Centre is available to hire 7 days a week 8am-10pm and therapists offer appointments across these hours.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|