Welwyn Garden City
07971 029853 / 07971029853
What is Counselling?
A time and space to share your innermost feelings and problems with someone - to feel heard and understood in an unjudgemental way - to start to unravel and make sense of your feelings and thoughts. To help learn to deal with what life may throw at you or to cope with the traumas already experienced.
A Qualified Psycho-Dynamic Counsellor and Coach - long and short term work undertaken - working in a private and confidential space - with personal experience in the following areas:-
- Long Term Illness - operations - cancer - dealing with the effects on ones life - how it affects the self, the family and friends and work. The long term effects of coping - the emotional stress and upheaval. The worry of going through serious operations, your recovery and recuperation.
- Coping with and understanding depression and how this extends and affects your whole life.
- Coping with lack of confidence and low self Esteem.
- Bullying - trauma caused from being singled out and made to feel bad however hard you try to avoid it.
- The unbearable pain of the death or loss of family, friends, children and also pets.
- Relationship issues - the break up of marriage or a relationship or friendships or the working through of difficulties in relationships.
- Working through of trauma or abuse
- Work related issues - redundancy - promotions and progression - general stress and expectations within the role.
- Feeling stuck in a rut and not seeing a way forward - taking small steps to move on
It is important to find a Counsellor you feel comfortable and compatible with - I believe I have the experience and personality to help in a non-judgemental and confidential environment.
I offer weekly 50 minute Counselling sessions on a long or short term basis at a time that fits in with your life and work.
Training, qualifications & experience
WPF Certificate in Psycho-Dynamic counselling
WPF Diploma in Psycho-Dynamic Counselling
WPF Advanced Diploma in Psycho-Dynamic Counselling
Member of the BACP
Diploma in Life Coaching
10 years of working within the counselling and coaching field
20 years experience of working within Human Resources, Training and Personnel, including Employment issues, trouble shooting, resolving issues, managing, training, coaching and mentoring.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Work and Life Coaching
Helping to identify areas of change and working through to achieving your goals.
Approx £45 per session (plus a few assisted /affordable spaces available)
My training has been thorough and hard fought, plus regular updating and also ongoing.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday and Weekends - day and evening appointments available
Types of client