60A Bridge Road East
Welwyn Garden City
01707 267322 / 07776 094062
I am an experienced Psychodynamic Counsellor/ Psychotherapist and undertook Post Graduate training with the Arbours Association. I am registered with UKCP. I work both with individuals and with couples. I offer both long and short term counselling and psychotherapy. I work on 50 minute sessions weekly. I practice within the codes and ethics of the UKCP. I offer either monthly or fortnightly supervision of counsellors and psychotherapists. I have been a qualified supervisor for 14 years.
I have worked in the field of counselling and psychotherapy for 21 years.
I believe that an important aspect of counselling and psychotherapy is the client/therapist relationship.
Training, qualifications & experience
My first counselling training was in emotional therapy.
My post graduate training is in psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
I am a trained supervisor with CPPD, I did an integrative training.
I have worked in the field of mental health and addiction for most of my career.
Other specialities include working with females transitioning to male.
Also working with clients on an autistic Asperger’s spectrum and I have 14 years’ experience of working in this field.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
My fees is £55 per session but I do endeavour to provide affordable counselling / psychotherapy; rates may be negotiable depending on personal circumstances.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|