Siobhan Magill Reg MBACP & MNCS Acc. Counsellor in Antrim, Belfast & Larne
07724 741436 / 07724 741436
Is life getting the better of you? Do your burdens seem too heavy to bear? Can you see no light at the end of the tunnel?
Well please don't think for one second that you are the only one. Rest assured there are many people in today's society who are finding life equally unbearable and there is not one of your problems that is unique to you, others have them also. So don't despair help is available and is there for the asking, in fact if you are prepared to read on, these words could well be the first faint flicker of light and hope you have seen for some time.
I fully understand that the prospect of talking to a stranger about personal issues may seem quite daunting and scary, however this could well prove to be a major turning point in your life and a very positive step in the right direction.
Life can be very difficult for all of us at times and it's not always easy knowing if what we are experiencing are the normal ups and downs or if there are indeed problems of a more deep seated - nature that may well need to be addressed professionally.
I offer both short term counselling and longer term open-ended therapy, where you can be assured of a warm, confidential, safe space to explore what may be troubling you. My aim is to help and support you, in order to enhance your emotional health and well being, it is not in my remit to judge, assume or diagnose.
Counselling will give you the time and space to reflect on your thoughts, your feelings, and your experiences that link with your past and now in the present. It is important to recognise that it is very much an individual process, varying from client to client. In order for the counselling process to take place, we must have 50 minutes of uninterrupted time. During which time you will have my full and focused attention.
Counselling is a two-way process, working together to bring about change, the counsellor and client each have a role to play. I like to compare it to two people travelling together in a car, where one drives the car and the other reads the map. You may want to make changes, drive fast or slow, reflect, pause or stop. I will support, challenge and encourage you to develop skills that will enable you to drive by yourself, confident that you can manage the driving on your own.
I will only work with you if I am confident that I can help you.
I welcome the opportunity to assist you in any way I can and this help would usually come in the form of an initial face to face consultation in comfortable, spacious, well-equipped, dedicated counselling rooms in Larne Antrim Belfast With washroom facilities and ample parking facilities at all locations.
I am a member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), and an accredited member of The National Counselling Society.
I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework for good practice and code of ethics.
Along with my private practice, EAP and sessional work I volunteer with a voluntary organisation providing counselling and support to adults and young people.
I engage in one and a half hours personal supervision monthly with a supervisor. I continually develop myself by attending courses and workshops and abide by the BACP code of ethics.
"It is the client who knows what hurts, what directions to go, what problems are crucial, what experiences have been deeply buried." Rogers On Becoming a Person, 1961
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Member of The National Counselling Society
- Registered Member with BACP (British Association for counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills AQA
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling & Psychotherapy AQA
- Working with Addictions Certificate AQA
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy AQA
- Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Skills and Theory CPCAB
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Psychodynamic theory) CPCAB
- Certificate in Couples Counselling PCI
I am committed to my personal development and growth and regularly attend courses please see below a list of some training and workshops that I have attended
- ASIST (suicide prevention)
- Northern Ireland Mental Health First Aid
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Child protection and Vulnerable adults
- Enhanced Disclosure Certificate
- Women's Aid Domestic Violence Awareness
- OCN Interventions for Substance Misuse
- Trauma & Addictions workshop
- Medicine Misuse
- LGBT Training
- Introduction to Non - Directive Play Therapy Sand Trays
- Cruse Working with Victims & Survivors
- Cruse Assessment Training
- Motivational interviewing
- Living with Trauma workshop
- PODS Trauma and the Body
- Action for Children E Learning
- Couples Counselling Training
I am also trained to practice
- Reiki Level 1 & 2
- EFT Master Practitioner
- Matrix Reimprinting Practitioner
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Humanistic therapies
I am usually able to offer you an appointment within a week.
A session lasts for approximately 50 minutes to 1 hour
Couples £50.00 ** all locations **
Fees are paid by cash or cheque
Washroom facilities and ample parking facilities at all locations.
My counselling service is totally confidential and non-judgmental regardless of your religion, race, nationality, sexual orientation, or the problem or issue you bring to the sessions.
I will listen to what you wish to gain from counselling and together you and I will plan the best way forward.
Please remember no problem you are experiencing is too big or small and together we will be able to make sense of what is making you feel anxious, stressed, angry, confused or sad.
Please feel free to call or email me so you can ask me any questions you have.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|