Stockton On Tees
I have worked in the field of psychological therapies since 2001 establishing a private practice in 2005 as well as working for a mental health organisation.
I am an integrative psychotherapist and certificated clinical supervisor currently working towards my diploma in supervision.
I offer therapy for individuals 18+ requiring short or long term interventions and I am based in the Norton and Stockton on Tees area.
I also have experience in providing individual and group clinical supervision.
My expertise includes mental health and emotional well-being, victim support, anger management, bereavement as well as working within primary care and (EAP) workplace services providing therapy to staff in NHS, Council, Police and Schools.
My approach is primarily person-centred and gestalt psychotherapy whilst incorporating cognitive behavioural therapy, transactional analysis and brief/solution focused therapy.
I believe and have the faith in that wherever we are in life there is always a way forward for us. Sometimes we need just a little support and a guiding hand.
'Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light'.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in person-centred counselling (2005)
- Post graduate level diploma in gestalt psychotherapy (2015)
- Certificate in integrative supervision (Northern Guild)
- OCCNER solution focused therapy
- BACP accredited member
- I am committed to ongoing personal and professional development
- 6 years working within a community mental health setting/individual counselling/group work/clinical supervision
- 4 years working for victim support including domestic/sexual violence
- Volunteer for CRUSE bereavement care
- 9 years primary care/workplace counselling/clinical supervision
- 7 years individual and group clinical supervision
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Mental health issues
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Gestalt therapy
students 20.00 per hour
Clinical Supervision 40.00 per hour
If you do not see you concern on this list then do give me a call and I will be happy to discuss with you. If I am unable to work with a particular issue or a particular client group, then I may be able to suggest someone who can.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|