Stockton On Tees
07762604722 / 07762604722
I have worked in the field of psychological therapies since 2001 establishing a private practice in 2005 whilst working for mental health organisations.
I am a qualified integrative psychotherapist and certificated clinical supervisor currently working towards my diploma in supervision.
I offer therapy for individuals 18+ requiring short or long term interventions and I am based in the Norton area.
I also have experience in providing both individual and group clinical supervision.
My specialist areas include mental health and emotional well-being, victim support, anger management, bereavement as well as working within primary care and (EAP) workplace services providing therapy to staff in NHS, Council, Police and Schools.
My approach is primarily person-centred and gestalt psychotherapy whilst incorporating cognitive behavioural therapy, transactional analysis and brief/solution focused therapy. An approach will be adapted towards your needs and your presenting issues.
I believe and have the faith in that wherever we are in life there is always a way forward for us. Sometimes we need just a little support and a guiding hand.
'Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light'.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in person-centred counselling (2005)
- Post graduate level diploma in gestalt psychotherapy (2015)
- Certificate in integrative supervision (Northern Guild)
- OCCNER solution focused therapy
- BACP accredited member
- I am committed to ongoing personal and professional development
- 6 years working within a community mental health setting/individual counselling/group work/clinical supervision
- 4 years working for victim support including domestic/sexual violence
- Volunteer for CRUSE bereavement care
- 9 years primary care/workplace counselling/clinical supervision
- 7 years individual and group clinical supervision
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Mental health issues
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Gestalt therapy
students 30.00 per hour
Clinical Supervision 45.00 per hour
Your first session will be an assessment so that we can get to know each other and discuss what your concerns and needs are from therapy. This will give you an opportunity to decide whether or not to continue.
If you do not see your concern on this list then still do give me a call and I will be happy to discuss it with you. If I am unable to work with a particular issue or a particular client group, then I may be able to suggest someone who can.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evenings, Fridays and Saturdays
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|