Sarah Corbett-Counselling & Psychotherapy Reg.MBACP
Sometimes life can become too hectic and we allow ourselves to become overwhelmed with the stresses and strains of everyday life.
Everyday can become challenging with mixed emotions and adverse behaviour which can sometimes leave us feeling empty and alone to which this can filter into everyday life including home, work, college and relationships.
I understand that choosing a therapist can be a daunting experience, you are choosing someone to which you are about to share your experiences, your life with, I want you to feel comfortable and secure as well as trusted and listened to in calm and private surroundings.
Talking to me can help you understand what is going on in your life and help you can change your behaviour to make a difference to your well being. I offer you warmth, understanding and empathy as well as a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space to feel relaxed in.
I love my work as a therapist, working with my clients and sharing their journey is a remarkably satisfying experience, I feel very privileged to be in this position to be trusted and respected.
I work in Plymouth within a quiet private location which offers parking.
I am a member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy.
Some of the issues I work with include stress, anxiety, depression, bereavement, OCD, pre & post-natal depression, drugs & alcohol addiction, addictive behaviour, panic attacks, agoraphobia, many other phobias, sexual issues, bullying and much more
'Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change'-Jim Rohn
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling CPCAB
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling CPCAB
- Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills & Theory NCFE
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills NCFE
- Introduction to Counselling Skills
- GCSE Psychology
Autism Awareness (O.A. Diploma)
Child Protection Training
- Understanding Child Protection/Neglect/Hidden Harm/eSafety/Child Sexual Abuse/Domestic Abuse
- Common Assessment Framework Training
Continued Professional Development
- Sand Tray Therapy
- Self Esteem
- Working with clients who have experienced Sexual Abuse
- Working with Clients who have experienced Suicide
- Working Therapeutically with Drug & Alcohol Abuse
- Exploring Art Therapy Techniques
- Focusing Skills
- Working with the Body Process
- Nature Therapy
- Understanding Abusive Relationships
- Working with Young People
- Making the Implicit Explicit
- Domestic Abuse Training- Identifying High Risk Factors
- Jeremiah's Journey Training- Children & Bereavement- What to do when someone dies
- An Introduction to Children and Young People's Mental Health
- SMART Recovery- SMART Recovery Facilitator/Champion- Addictive Behaviour
- Primary Emotional First Aid
- Emotional Literacy Support Assistant- Targeted Mental Health in Schools
- Hidden Sentence- Working with individuals who have a relative in prison.
- Understanding & working with individuals who self harm.
- Eating Difficulties, Children and Young People
- Experience with people affected by substance misuse
- Experience with primary mental health disorders
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
Photos & videos
I charge £30 per session.
I accept cash or a cheque, please bring to your session.
I offer an initial free 30 minute introductory session so that it gives you a chance to meet me and get used to my therapy room and it's beautiful surroundings. I believe that this gives you an understanding to how I work and I can get an insight on what is going on for you.
I offer discount to students (including counselling students) ID required.
My sessions are for 60 minutes and I am available late afternoons and early evening, I require notice if you cannot make an appointment.
You can contact me by telephone, e-mail or through my facebook page, I will contact you as soon as I can.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am only available late afternoon and early evenings.
Types of client