Natalie Whittingham (Counsellor and Psychotherapist)
I provide a supportive and safe environment for you to explore your thoughts and feelings. I offer a confidential and professional approach so that my clients can be heard without judgement in order that they feel respected and understood.
You may be considering counselling because of difficult experiences you have been going through, such as a relationship breakdown, infertility issues, bereavement/loss or redundancy. Or you may require support dealing with feelings of anxiety, sadness, depression, or low self-esteem that you don’t fully understand.
Is now the right time for you to make positive changes in your life?
I can support you with a range of issues, such as:
- Depression (tearfulness, low mood and intense sadness)
- Fertility challenges
- Anxiety, worry, panic attacks and feelings of not coping
- Bereavement and loss (grief can be unresolved for many years after the loss)
- Divorce, separation
- Low self esteem,lack of confidence, feelings of inadequacy
- Relationship difficulties
- Emotional problems
- Sexual, emotional and physical abuse
- Work difficulties
- Bullying, harassment at work
- Health problems, terminal illness.
- Phobias and fears
- Addictions, gambling, drugs, alcohol.
- Eating disorders and eating problems (including compulsive eating, anorexia and bulimia)
- Life changes
- Behavioural difficulties
- Obsessive compulsive disorders (OCDs)
- Couple counselling (partners and family members)
- Post traumatic stress
- Self harm
- Loss and change
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a qualified and experienced counsellor and I believe that every person is unique and so are their circumstances, which is why I work holistically and individually with each of my client using integrative approaches, with the focus always being on the individual’s needs.
I have spent over 10 years in senior management and I started my journey of self-development in 2008. I undertake regular supervision and I continue with ongoing professional and personal development, which allows me to help others through the sometimes difficult journey of life and enables them to move positively into a better quality of life.
Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
Diploma in Hypnotherapy
Enhanced CRB check (Criminal Records Bureau)
Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
£40 per session (Individual)
£50 per session (Couples)
24 hours notice of cancellation required.
The first step to making positive changes . . .
The initial consultation is free (usually a telephone consultation) and will enable you to decide if counselling is right for you and that I am the right counsellor for you. Subsequent 50 minutes sessions are usually weekly, both daytime and evening sessions are available.
Depending on your needs short term and open ended counselling is available.
My private practice is based in Springfield, Chelmsford. Free parking is available.
For more information or to book an appointment please call me on 07947-959322 or e-mail me at Natalie@NWTtherapy.com
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client