Lisa Stimpson,Psychotherapist Dip Psych MBACP INDIVIDUALS AND COUPLES
The Anderida Practice
I am a fully qualified Counsellor / Psychotherapist with over 16 years experience working with adults, adolescents and couples. Whether it is a life crisis, a relationship difficulty or a feeling that things are not as they should be, I offer you a safe haven and quiet space. Here you can explore what is going on for you and how you can find peace-of-mind and a restored sense of balance.
I have been a practicing counsellor and psychotherapist for 16 years and have worked in counselling clinics and psychiatric hospitals as well as having a private practice in London, Sussex and Kent.
My core training is in Transpersonal / Integrative Psychotherapy which means I draw on a number of different therapy models and practices depending on the particular needs of the client. Some people may need more a cognitive approach using CBT (exploring thoughts, beliefs and behaviours), whilst others may feel more comfortable with creative practices such as guided visualisation. I also find mindfulness practices and techniques to be useful for most clients.
Broadly speaking I work on 3 different levels:
1. Understanding and challenging your mind-set: together we gently explore your thoughts, feelings, relationships and experiences. What are your deep-seated feelings and beliefs about yourself, your relationships with other people and your sense of place in the world? What are the emotional patterns and behaviours that are keeping you stuck and repeating negative cycles? As your counsellor, my aim is to help you work towards self-understanding, and to the discovery of new and positive habits based on healthy self-esteem.
2. Dealing with painful feelings: My aim is for you to feel deeply understood and I will gently guide you through the process of releasing the accumulation of painful feelings as and when they arise.
3. Discovering your potential: As old patterns are let go, I invite you to reconnect with the authentic aspects of yourself that might not have been recognized or simply not given space. We explore your interests, talents, ideas, values and priorities with a view to expanding the possibilities for a happier and healthier future.
FINDING THE RIGHT THERAPIST
Research shows that the quality of the relationship between counsellor and client is the key to a successful outcome. It is therefore important that you find a counsellor / psychotherapist that is the "right fit" for you. In the first instance, you can call me for a friendly, informal chat and ask any questions; I can then offer you a first session, with no obligation to commit.
Telephone or Skype sessions are also available.
Telephone 07765 860651 or visit my website: www.inspiredto.org
I look forward to speaking to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
Post Graduate Diploma in Transpersonal Psychotherapy gained from Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education, London (accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy)
Certificate in Counselling gained from Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education, London (accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy)
BA (Hons) Warwick University
Continued Professional Development
Mindfulness: Stress Reduction Through Awareness
Loss and Bereavement
Landmark Forum Advanced Course
I have had a private practice for the last ten years and currently have established practices in Tunbridge Wells, Crowborough and Forest Row (3 miles from East Grinstead).
In the past, I have worked in a variety of counselling clinics in London and Brighton.
I have also worked in a private psychiatric hospital and at a respite centre for the homeless and people with addictions.
I am a Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
I am fully insured and have regular clinical supervision to ensure my work is of a high standard.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
Ongoing sessions: £60
50 minute session
Ongoing sessions: £80
Sessions last one and a half hours.
I have a number of reduced cost sessions for those on low incomes and can negotiate for special circumstances.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client