Lisa Stimpson,Psychotherapist Dip Psych INDIVIDUALS / COUPLES / NATURE THERAPY
The Anderida Practice
I am a fully qualified Counsellor / Psychotherapist with over 16 years experience working with adults, adolescents and couples. During my years as a therapist, I have worked extensively with a wide variety of issues including depression, anxiety and relationship difficulties. Whatever the issue, whether it is a life crisis or a feeling that things are not as they should be, I offer you a safe haven and quiet space. Here you can explore what is going on for you and how you can find peace-of-mind and a restored sense of balance.
I am an Integrative Psychotherapist which means I draw on a number of different therapy models and practices depending on the particular needs of the client. Some people may need more a cognitive approach using CBT (exploring thoughts, beliefs and behaviours), whilst others may feel more comfortable with creative practices such as guided visualisation. I also find mindfulness practices and techniques to be useful for most clients.
I have worked in London counselling clinics and psychiatric hospitals as well as having a private practice in London, Sussex and Kent. I am a member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy and abide by their code of ethics
If you feel that I can be of help to you, send an email through this page and I will call you back or email you as you prefer and we can set up a first appointment, with no obligation to commit. If it would be helpful we can also have an informal chat on the phone to talk through any questions you may have.
Broadly speaking I work on 3 different levels:
1. Understanding and challenging your mind-set: together we gently explore your thoughts, feelings, relationships and experiences. What are your deep-seated feelings and beliefs about yourself and your relationships with other people? What are the emotional patterns and behaviours that are keeping you stuck and repeating negative cycles? This increased self-awareness will give you the opportunity to respond differently to life and ultimately to the discovery of new and positive habits based on healthy self-esteem.
2. Dealing with painful feelings: It is common for people to want to escape from their painful feelings. My aim is for you to feel deeply understood as we gently explore your feelings and how to relate differently to them. I also offer specific trauma resolution work.
3. Discovering your potential: As old patterns are let go, I invite you to reconnect with the authentic aspects of yourself that might not have been recognised or simply not given space. We explore your interests, talents, ideas, values and priorities with a view to expanding the possibilities for a happier and healthier future that is uniquely yours. This is a deeply creative and expansive process.
Most of us are overworked, overstimulated and overloaded. I am offering the opportunity to take the therapy session into the beautiful Ashdown Forest, an area of outstanding beauty that I know well. The soothing, calming, rebalancing effects of nature will significantly enhance your reorientation towards wellness.
Please see my website for more details (click on'Nature Therapy' in 'What I Offer' Banner on the Menu Bar) https://lisastimpsoncounselling.com/nature-therapy/
Telephone or Skype sessions are also available.
Telephone 07765 860651 or visit my website: www.lisastimpsoncounselling.com
I look forward to speaking to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
Post Graduate Diploma in Transpersonal Psychotherapy gained from Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education, London (accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy)
Certificate in Counselling gained from Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Education, London (accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy)
BA (Hons) Warwick University
Continued Professional Development
Mindfulness: Stress Reduction Through Awareness
Loss and Bereavement
Landmark Forum Advanced Course
Vipassana Insight Meditation retreats
I have had a private practice for the last ten years and currently have established practices in Tunbridge Wells, Crowborough and Forest Row (3 miles from East Grinstead).
In the past, I have worked in a variety of counselling clinics in London and Brighton.
I have also worked in a private psychiatric hospital and at a respite centre for the homeless and people with addictions.
I am a Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and abide by their Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
I am fully insured and have regular clinical supervision to ensure my work is of a high standard.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
Photos & videos
Ongoing sessions: 50 minute session - £55
Extended session - 90 minutes - £75
Ongoing sessions: £75
Sessions last one and a half hours.
I have a number of reduced cost sessions for those on low incomes and can negotiate for special circumstances.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 9.30am to 9.30pm Tuesday 9.30am - 9.30pm Wednesday 9.30am - 6.30pm Thursday 9.30am - 6.30pm Friday 9.30am - 6.30pm
Types of client