Lindsey Thurlow MSc, MBACP
City Of London Therapy Centre
45 Central Street
The Awareness Centre
41 Abbeville Road
07815 554 904 / 07815 554 904
Welcome to my site.
When people visit it is usually because they are going through a very difficult time in their lives and are feeling a real need to get the right kind of help and support.
* You may feel anxious or depressed or struggling to make sense of things
* you may be failing at work, feeling isolated and fearful
* A relationship may have broken down leaving you feeling out of control.
You may have concerns about the process:
My approach is to provide a therapeutic experience that is specific to you, which means I may incorporate one or more modes of therapy depending on your needs.
I provide a safe and supportive environment to help you make sense of what is happening in your life as well as guide you towards making more informed and life changing choices.
As your therapist I work in a confidential, non-judgmental and empathetic way, which I believe is one of the most important criteria for undergoing therapy.
At the end of your therapy you can expect:
- more informed choices, feeling more in control
- A reduction in the intensity of feelings and initial difficulties
- An ability to utilise effective coping mechanisms.
- A beneficial impact on your domestic, social and working life.
What to do next?
Arrange aninitial telephone conversation at a convenient time for you.
During this consultation you will have an opportunity to discuss your needs and the best way forward for you. Any questions or concerns you may have about therapy will be discussed prior to an initial meeting.
The initial meeting will usually last between one and one half hours.
During the Initial meeting, we will explore your current difficulties in further detail and any other problems that may have brought you to therapy. We will decide on a treatment plan designed specifically for you.
I also offer secure and confidential skype sessions for those who are unable to attend sessions due to work arrangements and travel restrictions.
Mob: +44 07815 554 904
Training, qualifications & experience
* MSc in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy from Birkbeck College, University of London
* Certificate of Higher Education in Counselling and Counselling Skills from Birkbeck College, University of London.
* Certificate in Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) Training
I work as an honorary psychotherapist for the South London and Maudsley Trust (SLaM) and I have worked for a number of years as a therapist at Richmond Borough Mind. * I am a qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist and a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Fees will be discussed during the free telephone consultation.
I am recognised as an approved provider of counselling and psychotherapy by PruHealth / VitalityHealth Insurance. If you are covered by Pru / vitality insurance you are advised to bring your insurance documentation with you to the initial meeting.
City of London practice is located in or close by to:
Barbican, Farringdon, Moorgate, Old Street, Liverpool Street, EC1,EC2,EC3,EC4,
West London Practice is located in or close to:
SW4, Battersea, Balham, Clapham, Wandsworth
W1, Central London, Soho, Oxford Circus, West End
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
week days, week nights and Saturdays
Types of client