Dr Lesley Welch Chartered Psychologist, DCounsPsych, Bsc (Hons)
Northern Integrative Health Practice Ltd
I am a fully qualified and experienced Chartered Counselling Psychologist, registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and the British Psychological Society. I aim to provide a calm, caring and safe environment for clients to discuss and work through any difficulties they might be experiencing. I work in an integrative and collaborative way drawing on theoretical knowledge, models and skills which are suited to an individual client's needs and preferences. I offer psychological assessment, formulation and psychological therapy for a range of issues.
Although I work with a variety of areas/issues, I have a particular interest in working with issues which stem from early childhood such as trauma and abuse. I believe that working in a supportive and collaborative way we can develop understanding and awareness of the impact of our early life experiences on the ways in which we might relate to ourselves, others and the world around us. We can then work towards making positive and helpful changes leading to us thriving instead of just surviving.
Throughout my training and employment I have worked within a variety of settings including: the National Health Service, Primary Care Psychology, Learning Disability, Pain Management, MIND, women's only organisations and within Secondary School Education. I am now working within private practice and pursuing additional accredited training.
I currently have appointments available within the Durham area, and will have appointments available in the Consett area very soon. Please contact me to discuss your requirements.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology-Teesside University
- Applied Psychology Degree BSC (Hons)-Durham University
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Accreditation Level 2
- Counselling Certificates, Intermediate and Level 3
- Effective communication with children Level 3
- I have recently been accepted onto PICT Trauma and Abuse Specialist Skills Diploma Training, which starts October 2017.
I have also attended a variety of training workshops in many areas including: trauma and abuse, mindfulness, dissociation, couples therapy, Cognitive Analytic Therapy, NLP, stress management, suicide intervention and group therapy skills training.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, if your not sure about what your difficulties might be exactly or if I can help you, please feel free to contact me so we can discuss your needs further.
Psychological Therapy £65
Reduced fee for Counselling Psychology students in training £50
Sessions are 50 minutes
- From October 2017 I will be offering Parks Inner Child Therapy at a reduced rate for a small number of clients, whilst I am training in the PICT Trauma and Abuse Specialist Skills Diploma. Sessions are 90-120 minutes. If you would like more information about this please don't hesitate to contact me. Please view the following links: http://www.ppfoundation.co.uk/what-is-parks-inner-child-therapy/ http://www.ppfoundation.co.uk/happens-pict-session/
Please contact me by telephone to book an appointment or to discuss your needs.
Or you can email me using my contact form at the top of my profile.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Please contact me to discuss your requirements.
Types of client