A qualified Psychotherapeutic Counsellor to Distinction Level practising from a private, comfortable Garden Room. A quiet and private space, sitting on a comfy sofa, helping you to relax and feel ready to be supported towards a more positive life.
Through Psychotherapeutic Counselling I can give you a personalised experience for your journey I use an integrative approach which allows the use of different models of therapy adjusted to suit your needs. There are many approaches to counselling and some clients may not want the “you talk, I listen” experience. We can work together as a team to help you to move forward positively in your life, whilst you feel comfortable and supported.
I work with a range of issues including, stress, anxiety, depression, relationship difficulties, low self-esteem and many more. There may be a combination of issues and concerns that are affecting your everyday life and you may not be sure what they are or why you feel the way that you do. That is where I come in. We can move on your journey together and I can support you to feel happier and to become more self-aware towards a more positive future.
Clients tell me they enjoy coming to “The Garden Room” as it’s quiet, private and comfortable, putting their feet up, if they want, to help them relax and open up. Access via a side gate into a quiet garden giving them the level of privacy they need for their therapy.
I have worked in supportive roles throughout my counselling career. Most recently, supporting, mentoring and counselling young people at a local college. Completing many hours for Mind providing support for people of all ages with varying presenting issues and I have also worked intensively with families supporting them towards a happier family life.
I am an Individual Member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and work strictly within their Ethical Framework for good practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Distinction)
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Distinction)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills (Distinction)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminology and Sociology
- Level 4 in Work with Parents
- Training in Safeguarding, Data Protection and Risk Assessment
- Strengthening Families and Strengthening Communities
- Award in Mentoring
- Over 100 voluntary counselling hours working for a local College and Mind
- Working with families experiencing varying difficulties
- 10 years’ experience working with Young People (ages 16+) with mental health difficulties
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
Initial Consultation - £30 (50 mins)
Counselling sessions - £35 (50 mins)
I am available evenings and weekends.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|