Juna Brookes (BACP)
29 Woodlands Terrace
Why would I seek Counselling help?
Are you experiencing any of the following problems? If so then you have found me to help you. Years of experience working with different groups of clients would help me to find a right approach to your problem.
- Are you experiencing flashbacks, anxiety, panic attacks or been diagnosed with PTSD
- Do you have phobias you would like to finish with
- Are you feeling lonely, unloved, and unhappy with yourself, lost or stuck?
- Are you feeling depressed or suffering from low self-esteem?
- Are you having problems with your relationships or you are struggling after divorce or separation.
- Is a person close to you suffering problems with addiction, behavioural, learning or physical disabilities and you find it hard to cope with it?
- Is a person close to you suffering from a terminal disease or have you suffered a bereavement and you have can’t come to terms with it?
- Are you at a point of making life changes or choices? Relocation to another country?
- Have you been in an abusive relationship and are having trouble coming to terms with it?
What are the sessions about?
Very often we can find ourselves in a place of frustration, distress emotional pain. We can’t always understand our emotions and reaction, why we feel lost or stuck in the middle of nowhere. Why our relationships do not work and how did we get to this separation. When we struggle to cope and manage.
I offer a safe space to talk about any issues you are facing a trusting relationship where confidentiality would be a base. You will be given an opportunity to look a rear in your life which you might not be able to express with your closest people which might be confusing, embarrassing and frightening to discuss with your friends and relatives.
Our sessions can be weekly or fortnightly and will last for 1 hour. We can either have sessions in person or via video conferencing (Skype). I offer long or short therapy in which we will work together at your own pace for as long as sessions are helpful to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) which means you will be working in a safe environment with a qualified therapist.
I hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy from Leeds Metropolitan University.
Years of practice with my clients has tough me to use integrative work with which means I incorporate different theories or techniques to suit individual needs.
As well as my private practice I work part time in Bradford Bereavement and in Barca Leeds.
Other training and qualifications
- Fast cure of Phobias Certificate
- PTSD and Trauma cure Certificate
- Rewind technique Certificate
- Working with suicidal clients Certificate
- Play Therapy Certificate
- Bereavement and loss work certificate
- Working with hard to help clients certificate
- Working with LGBT certificate
- Bereavement in LGBT community certificate
- Working in Creative ways certificate
- Conversational Reframing certificate
- CBT with heart certificate
- Working with Clinical Depression certificate
- Safeguarding certificate
- Using Hypnotherapy Certificate
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Art therapy/Art psychotherapy
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Human Givens psychotherapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
Photos & videos
Fees both for counselling and hypnotherapy are 35 pounds per 50 minutes. Discounts available on group booking.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
From 9am to 9pm, including weekends.
Types of client