Joanne Welsh, Registered Member MBACP (Accred) Counsellor & MNCS (Acc)
16-20 Queen Street
County Derry / Londonderry
Welcome to my profile. I offer a warm, non-judgmental counselling service and will help you to understand yourself better, face difficult circumstances, make decisions or begin to make changes to your life. This will usually involve talking about your past life experiences, providing you with the support you need right now and helping you to make plans for your future.
I offer both individual and couples counselling and I can help you to;
- Understand how you are feeling
- Identify areas that you might want to focus on
- Work through the difficulties that you are currently going through
- Discover what options you have and help you to find the right path forward
- Cope with change and/or make the changes you want to
- Learn new ways of coping by creating a deeper understanding of yourself
- Feel better about yourself and your life
- See a way forward and make progress towards feeling hopeful
I offer support for a wide range of difficulties including anxiety, work related stress, depression, relationship difficulties (either with individuals or couples), self esteem, bereavement and financial difficulty among others.
I work from home, in a peaceful and tranquil location in the countryside, yet my practice is only 20 minutes from Belfast, Antrim, Ballymena and Carrickfergus; the journey all on main roads. This comfortable environment will provide you with some valuable time away and the space you might need at this time. My practice is just off a private lane, so guarantees privacy and has ample parking facilities, also with wheelchair access.
I also work within Achieve Wellbeing, a small practice in the heart of Magherafelt town centre. We are based within InVOLve House, Queen Street, a fantastic newly renovated building. Our facilities are very relaxing and also private; there is free on street parking and the building also has full wheelchair access.
You can find further detail on www.achievewellbeing.com and also on our Facebook page 'Achieve Wellbeing Counselling Magherafelt'.
"Realise that you cannot help a soul unless that soul really wants help and is ready to be helped. I tell you to send that soul nothing but Love and more love. Be still and wait, but be there when that soul turns for help." Eileen Caddy
I will use a range of techniques learnt over the years from different therapy theories and I will focus on what you want to achieve, so offering a service unique to your needs. I offer a flexible professional service and receive consistent positive feedback from clients who gain real benefits to their lives from attending my practice. Take a step forward by getting in touch and following an initial appointment you can decide if its right for you at this time in your life...
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited Registered member with BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy).
- Accredited Member with NCS (National Counselling Society)
- Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Human Givens Masterclass in Couples Counselling
- Human Givens REWIND Technique Training
- Addictions Training
- Childline Telephone & Online Counselling (NSPCC)
- Bereavement Care for Adults as well as for Children and Young People
- ASSIST training
- Child Protection - Keeping Children Safe Training
- Vulnerable Adults Protection - Keeping Adults Safe Training
- Self Awareness & Stress Training
- Domestic Violence Awareness (Women’s Aid)
- LGBT Awareness & Workshops
I have experience of working with adults and young people incorporating a wide range of issues and difficulties.
I work with both individuals and couples, either in a relationship, family, siblings or friends.
Along with my private practice, I have also worked for Cruse Bereavement and Childline, gaining a wealth of experience over the years through these organisations and in private practice.
I continually develop myself by attending courses and workshops and abide by the BACP code of ethics.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
Photos & videos
Each session lasts around one hour and my fee is £35/session for individuals and £40/session for couples.
You can pay using cash, paypal or bank transfer.
Note:- Reduced fee available for counselling students.
Please contact me by phone or email for further information, queries or to make an appointment. I value good service and so I endeavour to respond promptly to your queries, providing you with all you need and help you to make an appointment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Session available Mon-Fri 3pm - 9pm; flexibility at weekends on request
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|