Joanne Welsh, Reg. MBACP Counsellor & MNCS (Acc)
16-20 Queen Street
County Derry / Londonderry
Welcome to my profile. I offer a warm, non-judgmental counselling service, helping you to face difficult circumstances, make decisions or changes to your life or explore yourself. This may involve looking at your past, providing you with the support you need right now or help with making plans for your future.
Whether coming to see me as an individual or as a couple, I can help you to;
- Understand how you are feeling
- Identify areas that you might want to focus on
- Work through the issues that you are currently going through
- Discover what options you have and weigh these up
- Cope with change and/or make the changes you want to
- Feel better about yourself and your life
- See a way forward
I work from home, in a peaceful and tranquil location in the countryside, yet my practice is only 20 minutes from Belfast, Antrim, Ballymena and Carrickfergus; the journey all on main roads. This comfortable environment will provide you with some valuable time away and the space you might need at this time. My practice is just off a private lane, so guarantees privacy and has ample parking facilities, also with wheelchair access.
I also work within Achieve Wellbeing, a small practice in the heart of Magherafelt town centre. We are based within InVOLve House, Queen Street, a fantastic newly renovated building. Our facilities are very relaxing and also private; there is free on street parking and the building also has full wheelchair access.
"Realise that you cannot help a soul unless that soul really wants help and is ready to be helped. I tell you to send that soul nothing but Love and more love. Be still and wait, but be there when that soul turns for help." Eileen Caddy
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Memberwith BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy).
- Accredited Member with NCS (National Counselling Society)
- Diploma in Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Diploma in CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Human Givens Masterclass in Couples Counselling
- Human Givens REWIND Technique Training
- Addictions Training
- Childline Telephone & Online Counselling (NSPCC)
- Bereavement Care for Adults as well as for Children and Young People
- ASSIST training
- Child Protection - Keeping Children Safe Training
- Vulnerable Adults Protection - Keeping Adults Safe Training
- Self Awareness & Stress Training
- Domestic Violence Awareness (Women’s Aid)
- LGBT Awareness & Workshops
I have experience of working with adults, young people and children incorporating a wide range of issues and difficulties.
I also work with couples, either in a relationship, family, siblings or friends, as well as individuals.
Along with my private practice, I have also worked for Cruse Bereavement and Childline, gaining a wealth of experience over the years through these organisations and in private practice.
I continually develop myself by attending courses and workshops and abide by the BACP code of ethics.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
Photos & videos
Each session, which lasts for around one hour costs £30.
You can pay using cash, paypal or bank transfer.
Note:- Reduced fee available for counselling students.
Please contact me by phone or email for further information, queries or to make an appointment. I value good service and so I endeavour to respond promptly to your queries, providing you with all you need and help you to make an appointment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Session available Mon-Fri 3.30pm - 9pm; flexibility at weekends on request
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|