I am a fully trained counsellor whose approach is based in the belief that:
- we all have the potential for growth and change, even when things seem hopeless.
- our natural urge is to thrive, even when we seem to be trapped in cycles, lost in chaos, or feel low in motivation.
- by having a caring and honest relationship where we can talk through what we are experiencing, we can increasingly choose how we respond to the issues that arise in our lives.
I am based in Worcester, and offer brief and longer term counselling for a wide range of concerns. Empathy and genuineness lie at the heart of my approach and, influenced by Humanist approaches, I value the uniqueness of every client's needs.
The website link above will lead you to more information on who I am and how I may be able to help.
Please contact me if you would like to arrange an initial 60 minute session when we can talk further about how we might work together, either face-to-face or online.
Training, qualifications & experience
Outside of private practice, I greatly value my long term work with adolescents, and more recent work specifically with care-leavers. In addition, I volunteer as a bereavement counsellor at a Worcestershire hospice.
My earlier training and work has been in literature and creative writing, which I have also used therapeutically.
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- MA Humanities
- PGCE (FE)
- BA Hons English
Of course, just as importantly is the experience of facing change in myself, and of having been witness to others in their own times of transition.
Other training includes:
- Children's Responses to Grief
- Substance Abuse awareness
- Working with Personality Disorder
- Forced Marriage awareness
- Psychological and Behavioural Impacts of Malnutirion in Eating Disorders
- Freefall writing - therapeutic writing
- Brief Therapy
- CBT strategies
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Gender dysphoria
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Other areas of counselling I deal with
£40 per session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Availability Mon-Fri evenings; Saturday morning; Thursday daytime.
Types of client