Helen Heath BACP registered
I am an experienced BACP registered psychodynamic counsellor. As an excellent listener, I can offer you a safe place to explore your thoughts and express your feelings about areas of your life and/or relationships that are not gong as you wish and/or events recent or past that still trouble you. Together we can find a way forward for you to gain insight and understanding for a more fulfiling life. Every person is different and everyone needs an approach that will be tailored to best suit them.
What is explored is entirely up to you. I place great importance on counselling allowing you the freedom to look at any or every facet of your life from earliest memories to the present day, in order to gain a greater insight into understanding your own emotional landscape.
I have experience in counselling people with many different problems. The following is an example of some of these, but is not an exhaustive list.
- Family issues, conflicts and crises
- Depression, anxiety and panic attacks
- Difficulty in developing, sustaining or ending relationships
- Workplace bullying, relationships, redundancy, retirement
- Low self esteem and lack of confidence
- Feelings of emptiness, isolation and lack of a sense of belonging
- Finding it hard to let go of the past
- Stress and difficulty in coping with the impact of stressful situations
- Anger management
- Suicidal thoughts
- Abuse- sexual, physical or emotional
- Traumatic experience
- Health issues
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Eating Disorders
I offer both short and long term counselling.
Please get in touch to make an initial appointment or if you are curious to find out whether counselling is for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists). I abide by BACP ethical guidelines in my work.
Training and Qualifications:
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling and Psychotherapy Manor House Centre for Psychotherapy and Counselling London
- Certificate in Person Centred and Psychodynamic Counselling University of Hertfordshire
- Ongoing Professional Development Training
I have many years experience working with adults, children, families and groups in mental health and disability fields.
Alongside my counselling private practice in Hertford Town I am a Counsellor at Middlesex University.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
The first introductory session is free and is an opportunity for us to discuss what you are hoping to get out of counselling.
Fees for each counselling session are £50.
I reserve some availability for low cost counselling.
My counselling room is very close to Hertford East train station with plenty of parking available nearby.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available
Types of client