Hannah Simpson BA (Hons) Counselling & Psychotherapy. Registered MBACP
71 Marmion Road
My name is Hannah Simpson and I am a fully qualified and registered Counsellor/ Psychotherapist, offering counselling and psychotherapy in Fareham and Southsea, Portsmouth. I work with individuals, couples and groups. I run my private practice from Monday to Thursday where I see clients for daytime and evening appointments.
Prior, to this I have experience working since 2002 within the NHS, Social care, primary care and private sectors, specialising in the management and treatment of mental health problems including addictions, depression and eating disorders.
This experience has given me knowledge and understanding that enables me to work effectively with primary issues such as loss and bereavement, low self-esteem, addictions (including anabolic steroid use) relationship problems, affairs and betrayals, bullying, depression, anxiety and generalised anxiety disorder (GAD), panic disorder and gender/sexuality issues.
As well as more complex issues such as developmental trauma, sexual abuse, complex PTSD, bipolar/ manic depression, personality disorders, narcissism, morbid jealousy, childhood/adult attachment issues and abuse of all types.
Types of Therapy I offer:
I offer both short and long term individual therapy.
- Short term therapy can also be a trial process for the client and an assessment process for the therapist, in order to decide if therapy is right for you. Both parties can then consider and negotiate further sessions if wanted by the client or a referral can be made to another professional who maybe better suited to your requirements, if you wish. This is always the clients choice
- Long term therapy is usually discussed from the onset or after a period of short term therapy. This again is the clients choice.
First session and assessment:
- The first session is an opportunity to meet, discuss your needs, requirements, ask questions and decide if my style of working is right for you. This is also an assessment process to see if I am able to help you with your concerns.
My interest in understanding how people live and make sense of their lives (including my own), led me to study counselling and psychotherapy initially in 2002. Since then I have worked with people experiencing a wide range of problems, including (depression, anxiety, personality disorders, bipolar or manic depression, relationship issues, eating disorders and body image issues, domestic abuse and violence, sexual abuse, self esteem issues, addictions, substance misuse and much more).
I have undergone considerable training and have many years of reflection on effective practice both personally and professionally and believe I have developed a sound and well integrated style, using knowledge and ideas from many approaches, therefore enabling me to work with you in the most useful way.
Sexual abuse, rape and assault
Couple work and relationship issues
Domestic abuse and violence
Depression, Bi-polar and Anxiety
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and abide by their rules and ethical framework.
I hold a current and up to date enhanced DBS certificate. (previously CRB)
ICO registered -The Data Protection Act 1998
I see clients from West Street Counselling Centre Fareham and Serenity Counselling and Psychotherapy Fareham.
I also offer telephone and skype sessions which can be carried out, as long as you have a safe, secure and private room where you will not be disturbed.
If you would like to enquire further please call me on 07775 613133 or e-mail me email@example.com
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a degree qualified Counsellor and Psychotherapist and a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP)
- BA (HONS) Counselling & Psychotherapy- Winchester University
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling and Psychotherapy- University of Chichester
- Level 2 Certificate in Initial Counselling Skills- 2003
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills-2004
- Relate Couples Training, Understanding Relationships- The Institute of Relate- 2011
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy- 2008
- NHS Training in Clinical Supervision -2011
- Substance Misuse Counselling Training - 2007
- Solution Focused Therapy - 2007
- Motivational Interviewing - 2007
- CBT and Addiction- 2009
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness- 2008
- Working with Substance Misuse and Anger -2010
- Working with and Understanding Personality Disorders (Borderline, Antisocial, Narcissistic)-2011
- Working with Sexual Abuse and Trauma - 2010
- Understanding and working with Survivors of Sexual Abuse and Exploitation -2014
- Self-Harm Behaviour- 2009
- Domestic Abuse and Violence with Women and Children- Portsmouth City Council -2007
- Mental Health and the law- 2009
- Mindfulness- 2007-2015
- Existential Freedom -2015
- Psychodynamic Thought-2016
- Working with Relational Trauma-2016
- Working with Families: psychodynamic and systemic thinking 2016
- Self harm and suicidal behaviours in young people 2016
- TA 101 - Metanoia Institute 2016
My counselling employment since 2002 includes:
- Private Mental Health Hospital Adult psychiatry- Priory Southampton
- Private Mental Health Hospital -'Twelve Step' Addiction Treatment Setting- Priory Woking
- Sussex Alcohol and Substance Misuse Service (GP Surgeries)
- NHS- CARE Substance Misuse Counselling Service, St James' Hospital (South-East)
- NHS -Baytrees Residential Detoxification Unit, St James' Hospital (Portsmouth)
- E's Up NHS Substance Misuse Service 10-25 year olds
- Children's Services, Swanick Lodge,Secure Unit for 10-16 years (Substance misuse)
- NHS Early Intervention Project (EIP) St Marys Hospital, Portsmouth (Domestic Abuse/sexual abuse)
- Portsmouth City Council, Hidden Violence Unit (Domestic abuse & sexual abuse)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
The Counselling and Psychological therapies I offer, is also for those who may not know the cause of their feelings e.g. sadness, lack of self worth, loneliness; a sense of feeling lost. It offers a safe place for exploration including:
- Pre Bereavement and anticipatory loss
- Animal/pet bereavement
- Living with a terminal illness; for you or a family member
- Suicidal ideation
- Suicidal Feelings
- Body image
- Home sickness
- Personal development/self awareness
- Emotional eating, overeating and binge eating
- Student counselling
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychoanalytic therapy
- Psychoanalytical and psychodynamic
Photos & videos
Standard Fees - Assessment and Ongoing Appointments (8am-9pm)
- My standard fee is £55 per 50 minute session for individuals.
- (Block bookings of 10 sessions for individuals, receive a reduced rate at £500).
- Couples £75 per 60 minute session or £90 per 75 minute session.
- Group work £45 per session.
If you would like to enquire further please send me a message by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07775 613133. I will usually get back to you by the next working day. I do prefer to talk directly with you before making a first appointment.
- My PO16 practice Serenity Counselling and Psychotherapy has has free parking.
- My PO16 West Street Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre parking is paid at an hourly rate nearby. (Free parking in the High Street after 6pm). This practice is situated in the heart of the town, opposite the Royal Bank of Scotland and The Ask Restaurant. It is only a ten minute walk from Fareham Train Station and a five minute walk from Fareham Bus Station. There are a number of pay and display car parking is available on the High Street.
Both Serenity Counselling and Psychotherapy and West Street Counselling and Psychotherapy centre are easily accessible from the M27 and A27. Neighbouring towns such as Portsmouth, Gosport and Southampton are ideally placed to provide access to this professional It has a private, well-furnished room designed to meet the needs of all clients. Please feel free to contact me for further information.
The Remedi Clinic has free hourly parking in the side roads and nearby (paid) parking at Waitrose. Both a very short walk from the clinic.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments available in Fareham Monday-Thursday 8am-9pm.
Types of client