Hannah Simpson BA (Hons) Counselling MBACP. MNCS Accredited. Link Approved
71 Marmion Road
Do you need to talk to someone?
Are feeling that your life has lost its joy and that you can’t seem to shake that low mood? Are going through a difficult time and feel that no one understands how you feel? If the answer is 'Yes' then counselling may be a way for you to work on finding answers in a supportive environment, without fear of judgment and may offer the support you are looking for.
I am registered with British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists. I have over 13 years experience of working with individuals, couples and groups in Hampshire. I provide a private and confidential service in Fareham, Portsmouth and surrounding areas, where I offer clients the chance to talk about their issues in a supportive and confidential manner, in order to help you explore what is troubling you.
I am trained in Humanistic and relational counselling, this is a non directive form of therapy which allows you to steer the session at your pace. We work together in a respectful way, working with the issues you wish to discuss.
Relational counselling focuses on the quality of the relationship so you feel safe to explore what could be sensitive and difficult issues, that you need to resolve.
Call me on 07775 613133 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to come along for a confidential assessment and discussion about what you need.
More about Hannah
I find myself in a very different place today, and looking back, I clearly see how important it was for me to have someone I could speak to, to confide in and someone who accepted me for who I am and where I was at, without judgement. I am grateful to be a counsellor and psychotherapist and I look at the work I do as a privilege.
I have undergone considerable training and have many years of reflection on effective practice both personally and professionally and believe I have developed a sound and well integrated style, using knowledge and ideas from many approaches, therefore enabling me to work with you in the most useful way.
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and abide by their rules and ethical framework.
I hold a current and up to date enhanced DBS certificate. (previously CRB)
I am ICO registered -which means I am registered with the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
I see clients for face to face sessions from West Street Counselling Centre Fareham and Serenity Counselling and Psychotherapy Fareham. In Portsmouth I see clients for face to face sessions at the Remedi Clinic in Marmion Road, Southsea.
I also offer telephone, FaceTime and skype sessions which can be carried out, as long as you have a safe, secure and private room where you will not be disturbed.
If you would like to enquire further please call me on 07775 613133 or e-mail me email@example.com
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualification is in Humanstic Counselling at degeree level and I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I adhere to the BACP ethical framework for good practice and my own practice is regularly monitored by supervision.
I have undergone training with LINK to be come a Barnados Adoption Agency approved counsellor. This means I am registered to provide and support individuals and families, including birth mothers, adoptees and adopters, during and after this complex process.
I have practised in the NHS as well as in private clinic settings where I have been privaleged to work with men and woman on a variety of presenting issues. I also worked for a time with younger adults and children in a substance misuse service and secure unit.
- BA (HONS) Counselling - Winchester University
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling and Psychotherapy- University of Chichester
- Level 2 Certificate in Initial Counselling Skills- 2003
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills-2004
- Relate Couples Training, Understanding Relationships- The Institute of Relate- 2011
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy- 2008
- NHS Training in Clinical Supervision -2011
- Substance Misuse Counselling Training - 2007
- Solution Focused Therapy - 2007
- Motivational Interviewing - 2007
- CBT and Addiction- 2009
- Drug and Alcohol Awareness- 2008
- Working with Substance Misuse and Anger -2010
- Working with and Understanding Personality Disorders (Borderline, Antisocial, Narcissistic)-2011
- Working with Sexual Abuse and Trauma - 2010
- Understanding and working with Survivors of Sexual Abuse and Exploitation -2014
- Self-Harm Behaviour- 2009
- Domestic Abuse and Violence with Women and Children- Portsmouth City Council -2007
- Mental Health and the law- 2009
- Mindfulness- 2007-2015
- Existential Freedom -2015
- Psychodynamic Thought-2016
- Working with Relational Trauma-2016
- Working with Families: psychodynamic and systemic thinking 2016
- Self harm and suicidal behaviours in young people 2016
- TA 101 - Metanoia Institute 2016
- LINK Barnados Adoption training 2017 (Link Approved counsellor)
- Private Mental Health Hospital Adult psychiatry- The Priory Southampton
- Private Mental Health Hospital -'Twelve Step' Addiction Treatment Setting- The Priory Woking
- Sussex Alcohol and Substance Misuse Service (GP Surgeries)
- NHS- CARE Substance Misuse Counselling Service, St James' Hospital (South-East)
- NHS -Baytrees Residential Detoxification Unit, St James' Hospital (Portsmouth)
- E's Up NHS Substance Misuse Service 10-25 year olds
- Children's Services, Swanick Lodge,Secure Unit for 10-16 years (Substance misuse)
- NHS Early Intervention Project (EIP) St Marys Hospital, Portsmouth (Domestic Abuse/sexual abuse)
- Portsmouth City Council, Hidden Violence Unit (Domestic abuse & sexual abuse)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
The Counselling and Psychological therapies I offer, is also for those who may not know the cause of their feelings e.g. sadness, lack of self worth, loneliness; a sense of feeling lost. It offers a safe place for exploration including:
- Pre Bereavement and anticipatory loss
- Animal/pet bereavement
- Living with a terminal illness; for you or a family member
- Suicidal ideation
- Suicidal Feelings
- Body image
- Home sickness
- Personal development/self awareness
- Emotional eating, overeating and binge eating
- Student counselling
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Family/systemic therapy
Photos & videos
Standard Fees - Assessment and Ongoing Appointments (8am-9pm)
- My standard fee is £55 per 50 minute session for individuals.
- Couples £75 per 60 minute session or £90 per 75 minute session.
If you would like to enquire further please send me a message by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 07775 613133. I will usually get back to you by the next working day. I do prefer to talk directly with you before making a first appointment.
- My PO16 private practice Serenity Counselling and Psychotherapy in Fareham has free parking.
- My PO16 private practice at West Street Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre parking is paid at an hourly rate nearby. (Free parking in the High Street after 6pm).This practice is situated in the heart of the town, opposite the Royal Bank of Scotland and The Ask Restaurant. It is only a ten minute walk from Fareham Train Station and a five minute walk from Fareham Bus Station. There are a number of pay and display car parking is available on the High Street.
Both Serenity Counselling and Psychotherapy Ltd and West Street Counselling and Psychotherapy centre are easily accessible from the M27 and A27. Neighbouring towns such as Portsmouth, Gosport and Southampton are ideally placed to provide access to this professional It has a private, well-furnished room designed to meet the needs of all clients. Please feel free to contact me for further information.
The Remedi Clinic is in Marmion Road Southsea, Portsmouth has free hourly parking in the side roads and nearby (paid) parking at Waitrose which are both a very short walk from the clinic.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments available in Fareham Monday- Friday 9am-9pm
Types of client