Bournville Counselling Practice (Eleni Kypridemos MBACP)
For me, counselling is vocational.
I feel passionately that everyone should be able to access counselling services of a high standard. I strive to be open, non-judgmental and empathic, ultimately allowing you to be who you want to be.
My experience has been predominantly working with vulnerable people and includes; military personnel, sexual abuse survivors, perpetrators/offending behaviour, alcohol and substance misuse, addiction, children and young people, homelessness, young adults, older adults, family and friend supports, refugee/asylum seeker.
TELEPHONE SKYPE COUNSELLING SUPERVISION EMAIL
You can expect to experience
A safe, confidential space to explore your feelings and concerns.
Be listened to by a trained counsellor who will offer focus, challenge and clarity.
Be challenged about some of the unhelpful feelings and behaviours that may be hindering your growth.
Encouragement to make positive choices for yourself.
counselling can be difficult painful work and I would encourage you to stick with it, hopefully seeing yourself change and move forward means that you will want to come.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications include:
- BScHons Psychology 2003 Uni of Liverpool
- Certificate in Counselling Skills 2004 Birmingham Uni
- FD Integrative Counselling 2014, Newman University College
- ASSIST - Suicide Intervention Training 2012
- Mental Health First Aid, 2012
- DANOS (Substance misuse intervention), 2012
- Solution Focus Brief Therapy Certificate, 2009
Counselling Work Experience:
- SIFA Fireside, homeless and substance misuse related counselling - 2008-2013
- RSVP (Rape and Sexual Violence Project) 2009- present
- Cedar Counselling 2013/2014
- Childline/NSPCC 2004 - present
- Private Practice 2014 - present
Issues I work with:
trauma, PTSD, physical health, sexual abuse, physical abuse/domestic violence, work based issues, adult and child bullying, anxiety, bereavement, emotional abuse, gambling, low self-confidence/esteem, miscarriage, OCD, phobias, Spirituality, cultural Issues, religion and religious based abuse , post natal depression, relationship issues, self-harm/self injury, smoking, suicidal thoughts and personal growth/development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Religious based abuse
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
- £40 individual counselling (inc Skype) (first session £20) - 50mins
- £15 per email
I work privately from a dedicated counselling room. There is parking available. At the moment we do not offer waiting room of WC facilities.
Is there a cancellation fee? yes, 24hrs notice required. Full payment of missed or last minute cancellation sessions.
I offer online/live chat counselling also, available on request and flexi hours.
I have appointments early am/days/evenings/late pm and weekends.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
early am, daytime, evening, weekend Email counselling
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|