David Flint BSc (Hon) Psychology, Dip. Couns, MBACP, MBPsS.
01276 804 570 / 07553 427 079
I feel successful therapy is built on the foundation of a quality therapeutic relationship. I will work with you and try to build that relationship. I will do this by treating everything we talk about as confidential, being honest, genuine, respectful and non-judgemental. This will build trust between us, and of the counselling process, which will enable you to explore your feelings and thoughts at your own pace and in a safe space.
During counselling we will work together to build and reinforce a good therapeutic relationship so that I can help you to achieve the outcome you desire.
Although predicting exactly what will happen is challenging, as each therapeutic relationship is different and each client's experience unique, a successful therapeutic relationship can enable and promote in the client self-confidence, self-esteem, self-motivation, self-belief. This can also increase self-awareness leading to understanding, opportunity and motivation to change through choice.
A counselling session built on a successful therapeutic relationship will provide a safe, reassuring 'space' where you feel supported, enabling you to discuss and explore your thoughts and feelings, understand your experiences and promote your well being.
I have worked at various organisations and charities, working at different times in the NHS with people with learning disabilities, a charity for young people and adults with alcohol/ drugs issues, (11-24 year olds), a 6th Form college (16-19 years olds) an established University (18-21 years and mature students) and in my private practice.
Dealing with many issues including behavioural problems, identity confusion, transition, relationship issues, anxiety, bullying, stress, self esteem, self confidence, anger issues, sadness and loss.
Counselling and psychotherapy for:
Anxiety, Depression, Sadness, Fear, Loss, Anger, Relationships/ Friendships, Family break-up, Exam Stress, School expulsion, aggression, self harm, identity issues, disability, stress, personality disorders, separations/divorce, affairs/ betrayals, generalised anxiety disorder, relationship issues.
Frimley, Farnborough, Farnham, Fleet, Hawley, Cove, Camberley, Bagshot, Virginia water, Sandhurst, Blackwater, Ash, Aldershot,
Crowthorne, Normandy, Church Crookham.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society.(Membership No.347897)
- Registered Member of the BACP (Membership No 774072)
- BSc Psychology (Hon)
- Diploma Integrative counselling
- Diploma Mindfulness based Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Diploma Counselling Children and Adolescents
- Honorary Psychologist NHS (working with people with learning disabilities)
- HOMER (addiction, alcohol, prison release charity)
- YPI (11-24 year olds)
- 6th Form Counselling (16-19 year olds)
- Royal University of Holloway Associate Counsellor (Adult students)
- Private Practice (Older Adults, Adults, Adolescents, Children)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Phobias, Sadness, Fears, Confusion, self-development, low self-esteem, anger management, child related issues
Photos & videos
- Initial 30 minute assessment session free.
- £40 p/h weekdays/evenings.
- Discounted student rates.
- Concessions available. (limited availability)
- Wheel chair accessible.
- Ample Free parking
- Close to Frimley Park Hospital
- Short walk to Frimley Station
- Main road location
- On local bus route
- Purpose built Office
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
10 a.m. - 8 p.m. Mon - Thur. Other appointments by special arrangement.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|