6a Bessborough Place
3 Taviton Street
My name is Cristina Durigon and I am an Integrative Counsellor and Psychotherapist working in Pimlico and Euston (central London) areas.
People seek therapy for different reasons. You may want to explore better ways of coping with old problems, or try to see different possibilities in your relationships, life or career. You may also be going through a difficult emotional time in your life, and facing these situations, alone, can be quite challenging.
Psychotherapeutic sessions can be a space to talk through these themes. I offer a confidential, non-judgemental and safe environment so different issues can be explored. My aim is for you to find a better and deeper understanding of yourself, becoming more comfortable in your own life. Some of the areas that I work include: depression, anxiety, panic attacks, relationship problems, loss and bereavement, trauma, sexual abuse, rape, sex, sexuality, cultural issues, psychosomatic problems and etc.
I offer short and long term psychotherapy to adults and young people from 18 years old. I work with the Integrative approach and I combine a number of theories in my style to better suit my client’s needs. My main approaches include the Humanistic tradition and Relational Psychoanalysis.
Apart my private practice I also work in a primary mental health care service at the NHS/Edgware Community Hospital. Please see my website for more information – www.cristinadurigon.com.
Training, qualifications & experience
I hold a Diploma in Counselling, an Advanced Diploma and a MA in Integrative Psychotherapy awarded by the Minster Centre in conjunction with the Middlesex University. I have completed my qualifications over a period of six years of training.
I am a registered member of the UKCP, the UK Council for Psychotherapy as well as the BACP (MBACP), the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy, and, as such, I abide to the Code of Ethics and procedures of both organizations.
My work experience includes: Primary Care Mental Health Service IAPT/NHS – Ithaca House in partnership with Mind Tower Hamlets, Secondary Care Mental Health Service IPTT/NHS - Lewisham Hospital – specialized service for trauma, Families Without Fear Programme – specialised service for women who were victims of domestic violence, Women and Girls’ Network - specialized service for women who were recovering from sexual abuse in relationships and domestic violence.
Apart from my private practice I currently work at a primary mental health care service in the NHS in Barnet (Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust) and I see clients who suffer a wide range of problems with different levels of complexity.
My background is in architecture/interior design and I have worked in this field for many years.
Apart from English, I also provide sessions in Portuguese and Italian.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Depression, anxiety and panic attacks.
- Anger issues and their impact on relationships, work and family.
- Relationship problems including: couples and family dynamics, divorce, separation, parent/children relationships as well as issues of enmeshed families.
- Attachment issues: anxiety, co-dependency, issues with separation and isolation.
- Relationship problems at work, in friendships, bullying and toxic environments.
- Career changes, life transitions, redundancy and unemployment.
- Transition between adolescence/adulthood as well as adulthood/middle age and beyond.
- Loss, bereavement and new beginnings.
- Childhood and adult trauma including sexual abuse (historic and recent).
- Intergenerational transmission of trauma.
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorders).
- Sex, sexuality, questions of sexual identity, sexual problems.
- Cultural issues, adaptation, geographical changes, interracial/inter-ethnic relationships.
- Chronic diseases, diagnoses and psychosomatic problems.
- Pregnancy and related issues, infertility, miscarriage.
- Spirituality and the search for meaning in life.
The first meeting is an opportunity for us to meet and for you to experience how would it be to be in counselling with me. We will also explore your current issues and discuss whether therapy may be helpful to you, at this moment.
My fees for therapy sessions are £60. Fees apply for initial consultations. All sessions last for 50 minutes and we would meet once a week
I offer a small number of reduced fee places depending on circumstances, subject to availability.
My consulting room in Pimlico is in easy reach of:Victoria, Vauxhall, Vauxhall City Farm, Waterloo, Westminster, Battersea, Stockwell, Kennington, Denmark Hill, Oval, Brixton, Sloane Square, St. James's Park, Green Park, Hyde Park Corner, Knightsbridge, Piccadilly Circus, Gloucester Road and Oxford Circus.
My consulting room in Euston is in easy reach of: Tottenham Court Road, Bloomsbury, Kings Cross, Fitzrovia, Soho, Holborn, Harley Street, West End, Oxford Circus, Regents Park, Covent Garden, Regent's Park, Chancery Lane, Camden Town, Regent Street, Leicester Square, Camden.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Portuguese, Italian|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|