Cecilie Sasu - Individual, Couples and Online (Dip.Couns, BACP reg. / ACTO)
People decide to have counselling for many different reasons and often seek it out because something is causing unhappiness or a feeling of things not being quite right. This is probably why you are looking for a counsellor and I hope I can help.
I have worked with clients of all ages and backgrounds in the voluntary and private sectors as well as in schools, and I have experience of working with a range of issues. If you are dealing with anxiety, depression, low self-worth, anger, suicidal thoughts, relationship and family issues, work/school pressure and stress, body image, self-harm, substance abuse recovery, loss/bereavement, trauma or abuse, then I could help.
I offer individual and couples counselling both face-to-face at my practice in Selsdon, or online via instant messaging, email, audio or video call.
In my private practice I offer a confidential and safe space, where counselling can take place without disturbance. My consulting room is in a modern garden office, set away from the main house, and is comfortable, warm and private.
I practice in an integrative way which means I draw upon different theoretical approaches when I work with clients and I will tailor what I offer to you, the client, depending on your needs and requirements.
I also work therapeutically online offering counselling via the internet through email, voice and/or video call or instant messaging. This type of counselling is not suitable for everyone, but can be a great alternative for those that are not able to attend in person. If you are interested in this, I will require you to fill out an assessment and agreement form prior to online counselling can take place. More information can be found on my online counselling website: www.talkingitoveronline.co.uk
DURATION & REVIEWS
I would always aim to offer counselling for a duration that suits my client. I believe it is important to regularly review the work together and we will incorporate this into the work as it progresses. It can be difficult to know how many sessions are needed or wanted, but this is something we can discuss during our first meeting and in our reviews. After an initial consultation we may agree a set number of sessions, usually up to six, followed by a review. Alternatively, a more open ended arrangement with regular reviews might be more suitable.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND ETHICS
- All our work together is confidential. There are some exceptions to this (ethical and legal) and these will be discussed in detail at our first meeting.
- I am a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP). My membership number is: 750482. I am listed on the BACP Register and my registered certificate number is: 156181. This register is also accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
- I am a member of The Association of Counselling and Therapy Online (ACTO) and adhere to their code of ethics for online counselling.
- I hold professional indemnity insurance
- I have a recent DBS (criminal record check)
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Online Counselling
- Couples Counselling Course
- Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Award in Introduction to Counselling Skills
I currently work in private practice in Selsdon, South Croydon and Online. I am also a School Counsellor in a secondary school in Croydon.
I have extensive experience working as a counsellor both during my training and after qualifying in the voluntary sector and in schools. I worked as a volunteer counsellor at Bromley Community Counselling Service, Evolve Housing + Support (formerly South London YMCA), Carers Support Merton in Mitcham, and as a school counsellor in both a primary school (Place2Be) and in secondary schools.
I regularly attend additional training and professional development in order to increase my knowledge and to further develop my skills as a counsellor and to improve my practice. Examples of events and courses I have attended recently include:
- BACP Private Practice Conference - Relationships, why do we bother?
- BACP Webcast: Octia 2016 - Relational Dept and Emotional Connection in Online Therapy
- Anxiety (Workshop)
- Love & Intimacy (Workshop)
- Eros in the Counselling Room (Ruth Morgan Workshop)
- The Spectrum of Narcissism (Bromley Communicty Counselling Service Workshop)
- The Hidden Taboo - sexual abuse by females (One in Four UK/Christiane Sanderson Workshop)
- Loss of Innocence - childhood sexual abuse (Bromley Community Counselling Service Workshop)
- Introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CityLit)
- Caring for People with Psychosis and Schizophrenia (FutureLearn & King's College)
- Mindfulness for Wellbeing and Peak Performance (FutureLearn & Monash University)
- Psychopharmacology and counselling and psychotherapy (BACP)
- UK/European Symposium on Addictive Disorders (BACP Webinar)
- Complex Trauma (Bromley Community Counselling Service Workshop)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Photos & videos
Face to Face Counselling Rates
- Initial individual consultation: £20
- Initial couple consultation: £40
- Standard individual rate: £40
- Standard couple rate: £50
- Block of six standard sessions: £225 (for those paying the standard individual fee only)
- Counselling student rate: £30
- Young person rate (18-24): £30
- Reduced fee rate: negotiable - limited availability, daytime only.
All sessions last for a therapeutic hour which is 50 minutes. Couples sessions last for 60 minutes.
Online Counselling Rates
- Initial consultation (if required): £20
- Email Therapy Counselling: £30 per email
- Instant Messaging: £30 per 50 min. session
- Audio Counselling: £30 per 50 min. session
- Video Counselling: £35 per 50 minute session
- Video Counselling for Couples: £45 per 1 hour session (initial consultation £35)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer both daytime and evening appointments.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|